• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2011 Jimmy SmIth Motorsports Buggy Ready To Beat!! SOLD!!!!

COLT

I'm on a boat.
Man this buggy is a beast, and I know it has not been finished long... I have taken it on 3 rides so far and had a great time with it, but now it is time for something else. If it does not sale then no biggie, I will keep enjoying it. I will need a smaller 2 seater or a four seater in the not so distant future. I figured this would be an easy sale since it is still pretty fresh and new. Onto the specs!

Chassis
2011 Jimmy Smith Motor sports
This Chassis was built as a full roller. It includes 7075 aluminum link bars both upper and lower with 1” bolts. All of the heims are 1.25” QA1. The chassis has some scrapes and scrubs on it. I have had it on its roof before. No bends anywhere. I had to replace one shock mount as a result of a broken bolt, but that is all. All of the coolant runs through the frame rails. The upper part of the chassis is built with 1.75 .120 wall dom the lower part as well as the shock hoops are 1.75 .188 wall. The lower bump bars where the heims connect are 2” OD .250 wall. I had asked Jimmy to overdue the Chassis with heavy duty in mind, and he did!! It is very ridged. Surprisingly the bare chassis weighs in at around 620 lbs. I weighed it on the way to the powder coating shop…Jimmy also built both trusses as well as all of the structural mounts for the shocks…

Motor
454 bbc 30 over
Fast EFI
Comp Cam 11-207-3 grind number 270h-10 nice sound to it.
911-16 valve springs
KN air filter
Serpentine system with ac delete kit
High volume oil pump
The motor is fresh with about 10 rides on it between this and my last truggy
I purchased this motor in the plastic wrapping from a fella that had big plans. It was fresh from the machine shop with tags still on the bag.

Transmission
Turbo 400 with a Mild build
Upgraded Clutches and Valve Body(not reverse)
PTC convertor with a 2400-2700 stall.. This is the nitrous convertor and acts very nice even without a lot of throttle.
Art Carr gated shifter with “rock gate”

Transfer case
3.8 Atlas 2 speed Pass drop
32 spline outputs
13.50 yokes
Case has 10 rides on it

Rear axle
14 bolt trussed stock axles welded 4.10s.
GM disk brakes with BTF brackets
Powder coated cover with Eagle machine cover

Front Axle
60 trussed chromo 35 spline outers welded 4.10s
Reid Knuckles
Disk brakes
Powder coated cover with Eagle machine cover
Rock Crusher drive flanges.
BTF high steer arms with 2” .250 wall drag link 1.25 QA1 Heims

Steering-Brakes
PSC steering kit includes 8” stroke PSC ram and pump. 1.25 heims on the high steer arms as well as a beefy .250 wall link.
I got a new orbital from PSC for this build.
Tilt steering column in the chassis.
Wilwood master cylinders and single pedal set-up.
All stainless steel braided brake lines

Suspension
Fox 2.0 16” travel coil overs all the way around
4” bumps in the front
Limit strap in the rear

Wheels-Tires

17” Aluminum trail readys with comp rings
42” pit bull rockers with 90% tread

Interior and extra goodies

Auto meter gauges with real carbon fiber surrounds-pods (they light up green to) sweet!
Art Carr gated shifter
Kirkey 17” seats with new covers
Tilt Steering
Small Dry storage box under driver seat
Red top Optima
Master on-off switch that will kill everything
Separate engine start stop switch within reach of the co-rider
Aluminum fuel cell that is in the process of being beefed up as a result of a broken weld from the manufacture (jimmy did not build my tank) His welds all held!!
Grant steering wheel with slip on-off Quick Release
Crowe 2” padded harness for both driver and co-dawg
M-8000 winch with Viking Fairlead and syn. Rope
Brand new MSD 6AL ignition and wiring as well as a new distributor
The Fast EFI comes with an extra spare Computer as well as the computer to tune the system. You can tune this EFI system from the front seat of the buggy.. It took me a while to get it dialed in(not enough vacuum had to change the cam) but now she is working like a champ.

Cooling
I have a 34/19 3 pass 2 core aluminum rear mount radiator in this buggy. It has a flexi lite dual fan set up that will pull 5500 CFM. (You can damn near suck a toddler through this radiator with these fans!!) I have a 160 t-stat in the motor. On the trail it runs 160-180. Playing it will run about 190. You have to get on it real hard for a while to achieve 200. I hate cooling problems, and beefed up this system for seamless operation in the dead of summer. I have never had-or got it hot. It runs very cool, and I will guarantee it 100%. The fans also make a nice breeze in the summer time to keep you pretty cool in the rig!

In closing, this rig works great; she is super-fast if you feel like pushing the skinny pedal, but crawls pretty well too. I enjoy it but I have another little boy on the way and I would like to get either a 4 seat rig or a smaller rig. I have to drive 300 plus miles to ride and it just sits in the shop most of the time. I am not done riding by any means, and will continue to wheel this one until it is sold. I am open to trades of any kind as well as other crawlers-buggy’s. I would really like to find a really nice sami or Toyota-truggy with a set of stickies on it plus some cash. I would be able to use it more here in the Pensacola area.

Price is 28,000 OBO

My number is 850-791-4149

The buggy is located in Pensacola Florida and delivery is not a problem. I own and operate a transport company and I am always on the road. We can work something out on the delivery-pickup of the rig...

Like I said, I absolutely do not NEED to sell this rig but am looking for a change. Please come at me with all reasonable offers and trades and we can make a deal! Thanks Everyone for looking, and Hopefully I will see you on the trail very soon!

Re: 2011 Jimmy Smoth Motorsports Buggy Ready To Beat!!

PICS

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: 2011 Jimmy SmIth Motorsports Buggy Ready To Beat!!

2011-02-23_12-45-08_594.jpg

2011-02-23_12-45-29_438.jpg

2011-02-23_12-45-37_727.jpg

2011-02-23_12-45-49_837.jpg

2011-02-23_12-46-01_735.jpg

2011-02-23_12-46-18_97.jpg

2011-02-23_12-51-47_818.jpg

2011-02-23_12-44-52_88.jpg

2011-02-23_12-44-19_992.jpg

2011-02-23_12-43-53_935.jpg

2011-02-23_12-43-37_720.jpg

2011-02-23_12-42-56_604.jpg

I will post more pictures tonight.. I am waiting on them to upload to photobucket...

Badass buggy!! If I had the coin it would come to KY!!

:wtflol: :dunno: you ant got er broke in yet. :eek:

I know I know... I'm just looking to go in a different direction. Its got your name on it KennyWayne...

Good looking buggy
You going to gray rock next weekend?

b5010 said:
Good looking buggy
You going to gray rock next weekend?

I have 2 big boats that are coming into stuart fl from the Bahamas next week. I have to have them in Pensacola by the weekend! I go to work tomorrow and don't get back home until saturday.... Gotta work while I can. I hate that I am going to miss it!

What are you doing? You just got it done man!

Matt O. said:
What are you doing? You just got it done man!
Looking to downsize a bit. Stickies and a 4 banger rig or! something. I enjoy this one, I just don't get to ride much around here with it. Florida offers no challenge for it.

COLT said:
Looking to downsize a bit. Stickies and a 4 banger rig or! something. I enjoy this one, I just don't get to ride much around here with it. Florida offers no challenge for it.

Off the subject, what boats are you running? G What part of the Bahamas are they from?

CHASMAN9 said:
Off the subject, what boats are you running? G What part of the Bahamas are they from?

I have a company called "Performance Driven Inc." It is a small boat transport company that does worldwide boat delivery. The 2 boats in Stuart belong to some clients of mine that go to the Bahamas each year. I take the boats down and pre-stage them in Stuart so they can fly in and play for two weeks. They just returned Sunday and the boats need to be back up here before Saturday. They are a 340 Searay Sundancer and the other is the new 310 dancer with the Axius system. Sweet Boats. I also have to get a 360 Grady express moved somehow this week. I run 90% of the boats down the interstate on transport trailers. Every now and then I run them by way of water. thumb.gif

sweet ride man! 300 miles is nothing man, we have to go almost 400 miles to get to a little park in SC and 500ish to get to AL. LOL.... it would be cool to have a buggy like that, but I need a 3 seater atleast in the future. by the time I get back from overseas and hopefully work on a buggy, I think Madison will be ready to ride along, atleast down the road...lol I wanna get my wife back into it as well and I think that will be the best way. good luck with the sale bro, hope you dont regret it!

BTW, do you ever come through Jacksonville or do you usually go up 75? If you do, you should stop in sometime for drink or something... I know a guy that lives in Ft. Pierce and occasionly does boat delivery (by water) to the gulf coast on occasion...usualy he does marine refrigeration (A/C, water makers, etc) on big boats in that area....

Brian

COLT said:
I have a company called "Performance Driven Inc." It is a small boat transport company that does worldwide boat delivery. The 2 boats in Stuart belong to some clients of mine that go to the Bahamas each year. I take the boats down and pre-stage them in Stuart so they can fly in and play for two weeks. They just returned Sunday and the boats need to be back up here before Saturday. They are a 340 Searay Sundancer and the other is the new 310 dancer with the Axius system. Sweet Boats. I also have to get a 360 Grady express moved somehow this week. I run 90% of the boats down the interstate on transport trailers. Every now and then I run them by way of water. thumb.gif

I used to be on a 110' Delta Trawler hull we built originally in Freeport Fla. and finished the fairing work in Porty Lucaya G.B. $8 mil. sunk into it and the owner went to jail for Misappropriation of Corporate funds. Now he has a boyfriend named bubba back in Corpus Christie. I used to run boat delivery as well out of Ft Walton for a guy named Randy Heinly. Don't know if he's still around any more though. My brother still has a 46" Bertie if you know anyone looking. thumb.gif

1TONZR2 said:
sweet ride man! 300 miles is nothing man, we have to go almost 400 miles to get to a little park in SC and 500ish to get to AL. LOL.... it would be cool to have a buggy like that, but I need a 3 seater atleast in the future. by the time I get back from overseas and hopefully work on a buggy, I think Madison will be ready to ride along, atleast down the road...lol I wanna get my wife back into it as well and I think that will be the best way. good luck with the sale bro, hope you dont regret it!

BTW, do you ever come through Jacksonville or do you usually go up 75? If you do, you should stop in sometime for drink or something... I know a guy that lives in Ft. Pierce and occasionly does boat delivery (by water) to the gulf coast on occasion...usualy he does marine refrigeration (A/C, water makers, etc) on big boats in that area....

Brian

I am driving tHrough jacksonville florida right now... what a coincidence

CHASMAN9 said:
I used to be on a 110' Delta Trawler hull we built originally in Freeport Fla. and finished the fairing work in Porty Lucaya G.B. $8 mil. sunk into it and the owner went to jail for Misappropriation of Corporate funds. Now he has a boyfriend named bubba back in Corpus Christie. I used to run boat delivery as well out of Ft Walton for a guy named Randy Heinly. Don't know if he's still around any more though. My brother still has a 46" Bertie if you know anyone looking. thumb.gif

Sweet! do you still hold your credentials for running boats?

Yes I just derailed my own thread lol.... they say all press is good press!

Latest posts