• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tellico pics from 03/31/12 WARNING!!! some pictures maybe disturbing

kid rok

ry%3D400

Looking up upper two
ry%3D480

Top of upper two
ry%3D480

This is trail one right along side of the creek. There was alot of silt flowing down the road.
ry%3D480

Middle of lower two. You can just barely tell where the ledge is.
ry%3D480

This is pretty much what every trail looks like. Trees down, grass planted and sloped. It would be almost impossible to use these trails for anything else but to hike. Even that was hard.
ry%3D480

Looking up from the bottom of Slick Rock.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Ledge top of Slick Rock.

Anyways this is what I did today. It took me a few hours , but an easy day hike for anyone that is mostly in shape.

Damn shame that's all i can say went there once was the best place i ever went always wanted to go back with the wife and kids don't look like that will ever happen

They done the same thing around here about 70 miles from me. It looks just like these pics too. Sumbitches spent more of our tax money and time we paid them with tour taxes to drop trees and doze ledges off and bring thousands of loads of dirt and rock in than they could have spent way less and help manage what was there and even charge a fee to ride to help pay for these things ! Tree huggin' bastages. They also said there was "exessive silty dangerous watershed" to the river.............killing fish and habbitat and such ! It will be happening everywhere we all ride.... its only a matter of time!

Sumbitches spent more of our tax money and time we paid them with tour taxes to drop trees and doze ledges off and bring thousands of loads of dirt and rock in than they could have spent way less and help manage what was there and even charge a fee to ride to help pay for these things !

I was thinking the same thing. The amount of time and money it took to reclaim the trails has to be way more than it would of took to put up a few water breaks to keep silt out of the creeks. My personal opinion is that the trails were closed out of pure malicious spite towards the four wheeler crowd, and to never be opened again. To me its above and beyond what a normal person would do to reclaim natural wooded areas. Plus there are some older trails that branch off of the Tellico trails that are not even touched. Shouldn't they be reclaimed the same way.

The only camping area I saw was just before the bridge, and it was in an area that had been reclaimed. The camping area is pretty rough . I don't even think you could set up a tent. Just after the bridge is an untouched area (NO CAMPING)it conveniently leads to the creek in an area to Cross of course by feet that intersects with a trail on the other side that is used to be , I guess an old road bed. It appears it gets used by the fisher man to access the creek on that side.

If anyone wants to plan a hike, I'm game. I would like to do the schoolbus loop, and Peckerwood. Camping is good to.

yes DAMN SHAME is what I thought while lookin at the pics as well :'(

Country has become ****ed up when there are actually people living here that think doing somthing like that is justified ::)

good recon work Brad, I have thought of doing the same thing myself, I just don,t think I would be happy with myself once I got up there :dunno:

Forest Service done the same thing to Chrome's Ridge here. They closed it down and reclaimed it. Dozed down some stuff that had been there,Who knows how many years? Heard that the Forest Service spent close to 800,000 in reclaim? Looks like that money would have been better spent somewhere else? We can not ride in anyplace in the National Forest here in Kentucky, that I know of? But you can ride a horse anyplace you like.

KyTrash said:
Forest Service done the same thing to Chrome's Ridge here. They closed it down and reclaimed it. Dozed down some stuff that had been there,Who knows how many years? Heard that the Forest Service spent close to 800,000 in reclaim? Looks like that money would have been better spent somewhere else? We can not ride in anyplace in the National Forest here in Kentucky, that I know of? But you can ride a horse anyplace you like.

That's where I'm talkin about. That place use to be a great place to ride too.

F'ing BS there. Totally ridiculous to spend that money reclaiming land like that. I've heard different stories about logging up there-what exactly did they cut timber on (other than dropping a few trees to block the trails)?

dragr1 said:
F'ing BS there. Totally ridiculous to spend that money reclaiming land like that. I've heard different stories about logging up there-what exactly did they cut timber on (other than dropping a few trees to block the trails)?

On the North Carolina side from the ridge where upper 2 connects with trail one back towards the pay station. I was just up there a few weeks ago while visiting my parents and was going to take some pictures myself but the dang camera batteries were dead. Its a crying shame they did this to the place. We lost a great place to ride and it had a big impact on the economy in Murphy. To say it sucks is a big understatement the bastards could have used a fraction of the amount of money they spent on reclamation of the land to do what was needed to keep the silt from getting in the water. I know we all would have gladly paid more for a day of riding to keep the place open. I know i used to love wheeling there and camping next to the creek with my buddies, best sleep i have ever had was in a sleeping bag in a tent next to that creek.

That's gay...I never got to ride there, but have heard alot of legendary stories about how awesome of a place it was to wheel....hope this ain't what Mountainside turns into :'(

Tellico wasn't the most hardcore overall, but the best wheeling trips I ever had were there. I'm sure that like me a lot of people on the board got their start in wheeling at Tellico. For reference, here's what Slickrock should look like:

Picture002.jpg

Hell sounds like the perfect place to me...I ain't got one of them fancy smancy Colworx buggies lol I just like to hop a rock or two and :drinkers:

....and make it home without broke mechanical parts :flipoff1:

"Tellico wasn,t the most hardcore overall"

HAH.....I guess yo ass was NEVER on GUARDRAIL with a 80" wheelbase zuki on 36" TSL,s :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

or SCHOOLBUS

or HELICOPTER PAD

or THE LEDGE

:flipoff1:

5BrothersFabrication said:
More pics of Slickrock-
148803_101972893209479_100001903051846_14081_4967395_n.jpg

^Mine^
74157_101974479875987_100001903051846_14090_4643975_n.jpg

74157_101974483209320_100001903051846_14091_8048484_n.jpg

^Top of Slickrock, my buddy's S-dime.^
Did that S-10 have two transmissions bolted together? I met a dude up there in 98/99 in one that looked a whole lot like that one.

zukiscott said:
"Tellico wasn,t the most hardcore overall"

HAH.....I guess yo ass was NEVER on GUARDRAIL with a 80" wheelbase zuki on 36" TSL,s :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

or SCHOOLBUS

or HELICOPTER PAD

or THE LEDGE

:flipoff1:

Not in an 80" wheelbase! I did do Slickrock-all of it-with a locked rear only 33" tired '99 IFS 4runner though! I went through everything else with Marc in his '85 4runner with ease. It closed before I could go in my current '85 4runner unfortunately.

RockHales said:
Did that S-10 have two transmissions bolted together? I met a dude up there in 98/99 in one that looked a whole lot like that one.

Nah, we weren't that smart yet. It just had the 350/465/205. But two trannys sounds like some gear jammin'!!! :driving: :woot: