• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

tops of the posts arent banded either...

On dad's BIG hay barns (120x200x16 or something like that) they ran boards between the posts like that, to make a T with the 2x6 banding on the outside of the posts.

Them buildings look about 2/3 ass, not quite half ass.

Re:

Lol 2/3 ass, that's funny. If I went pole barn, I would want it 4/3 ass, 3/3 ass bare minimum.

That Summertown Metals looks like they do quality work, but they are 3 hrs away. Not sure if they or what that cost me to get them to come down my way. But I do plan to call and pick their brain.

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Anyone know if Zayne is still selling metal buildings?

He just posted a pic of his on the previous page. You can shoot him a pm, but I don't think he is since he bought the body shop?

Re:

Called summertown metals and waiting on them to get back with me on a quote. I liked talking to that guy, he knew what he was talking about. They build pole barns with the 6x6 poles on all walls, metal trusses, do all their metal in house so they cut metal panels to spec for each application (no waste). I live 3 hrs away and said they build that far away all the time. They have contractors they coordinate with to construct the building, do the concrete, and everything turnkey.
Anxious to hear their quote.

JD, I bet these are the Amish guys that the other contractor is using. They are out of Crossville tn. They did a shop for a buddy of mine that runs a garbage pickup service. In 2 days they put up a 28x56x14 pole barn. It is very well built and ran him just a hair over $12k. That was with a man door and 3 12x12 door frame outs.

Re:

Awesome, so that was price for pole barn minus concrete and doors? I wouldn't mind going that route then subbing out concrete and garage door install if the price is right.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Awesome, so that was price for pole barn minus concrete and doors? I wouldn't mind going that route then subbing out concrete and garage door install if the price is right.

Correct. After they were done it was ready for concrete and doors to be hung. That was his plan as well, get it in the dry and finish it himself.

He did have to put the crew up for the few days they were there. That was part of their deal. His wife is in the cabin rental business so they just set them up at one of those.

I am not since I bought the body shop. I'm here full time and don't have the time to mess with the buildings. However, my brother Zac owns AGCOR steel in Cullman Alabama. He manufacturers, sells and erects buildings. His office number is 256-734-4481 Or email [email protected]. Tell him I told you to contact him.

Just to derail this thread for a minute.
My "shop" is 8'x9' however it is inside of a 44' long 13' tall enclosed.
8c23cc2f5614d48a33013aeddf5497b9.jpg

f19004799b88a50833652def0c3a5bd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What everybody's thoughts on insulation? I see a lot of you guys with and without it. Initially I figured while I'm gonna build a new one, might as well insulate it this time, but I really have never been in my current shop and been like "Damn, wish this bitch was insulated." Never really had a bad moisture problem, some nights I see some fog on the sides of my motorcycle's engine case and stuff like that, but not often and it's not enough to cause any issues. Generally if it is so cold that my little tank top heater and a jacket ain't enough to keep me warm in the shop, I just stay in the house. At this point, I am weighing out costs versus benefits and really just want to see what you guys have to say. Any of you not insulate and regret it?

Last shop was fully insulated, shop at this new house, not so much, I say YES on insulation 100%!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is your forever home/shop do what you want. If it is possible you are gonna move, insulate it. It will be a huge selling point for the male and his big dreams of using the shop.

insulate, insulate, insulate. Both my barns are insulated roof and walls. I wouldn't have one that isn't. A lot less sweating in an insulated building. At a minimum insulate the roof. A buddy did that and finally went back and spray foamed the walls.