• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

slravenel said:
Very nice!

What is the size on that?

Also, how do you like that floor and how do you keep it clean? My dad has it in his normal garage and it seems like its ALWAYS got dirt and **** in the cracks. Sweeping it sucks, blowing it with the airgun just launches dirt into the air all over everything...

whats your secret?

Yea even after a bath the Swampers leave a metric shitton of **** in their wake when I drive into the shop

Thats not a shop thats a garage!!! There is no way you can work in one and keep it that clean!!
slravenel said:
Very nice!

Also, how do you like that floor and how do you keep it clean? My dad has it in his normal garage and it seems like its ALWAYS got dirt and **** in the cracks. Sweeping it sucks, blowing it with the airgun just launches dirt into the air all over everything...

whats your secret?

nealcj8 said:
Thats not a shop thats a garage!!! There is no way you can work in one and keep it that clean!!

I agree, that's the exact reason I built a garage beside my shop. 30x30 work shop, 28x20 garage/bar/etc. Neither are big enough but that would be the case if they were both 100x100. I would find some way to fill them up.

nealcj8 said:

I have concluded that he must get wired on monster energy drinks in the fridge and uses the dust pan/mini broom hanging on the work bench. I thought I was OCD...

slravenel said:
Very nice!

whats your secret?

Thanks, that part of it is 500 sq ft. Full disclosure the floor is pretty new. I've managed to keep it clean with a mop and if needed a pressure washer.

nealcj8 said:

Yes sir, in the back of that pic (you can't really see) is a single bay with a lift and a concrete floor, that's where the real work happens.

DallasBlade said:
I have concluded that he must get wired on monster energy drinks in the fridge and uses the dust pan/mini broom hanging on the work bench. I thought I was OCD...

Nothing in that fridge but beer, I am however one OCD sumbitch.

Just had a 30x50 pole barn built by an Amish crew. 30x30 is enclosed and 30x20 covered gable. 12' eaves with 2 10x10 framed openings.
56aba3bcb497131b3bdef52ea9cddbfb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

biggin said:
Just had a 30x50 pole barn built by an Amish crew. 30x30 is enclosed and 30x20 covered gable. 12' eaves with 2 10x10 framed openings.
56aba3bcb497131b3bdef52ea9cddbfb.jpg

Front view
edc1eae275640ff7d2cc9faf7d91a846.jpg

That is cool, how much was that (just materials and erection) and how did you go about finding them to build it? Business name?

$14,100 for materials, erected, and 2 nights at the best Western for them. I'll post a pic of his business card here in a few. They are out of Crossville Tn. Took 2 and a half days start to finish.

Looks good! I've ran across their business before while looking. Is the insulation the good vinyl backed stuff? Hard to tell from pic.

Yeah it's the 2" vinyl backed. I have pics from start of excavating all the way to the pics I posted. So if there is anything you want to see just let me know.

As far as finding these guys, 2 good friends of mine who are brothers originally found him. He built one a 52x28x12 non insulated for $12.5k. He built the second one a 30x50x12 insulated, boxed eaves, 5 windows, 2 10x10 openings and walk door for $17.5k. After seeing the quality of those 2 buildings pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Awesome, the metal building guy I had the hookup with apparently went on a meth binge for a few years and lost everything, wife, business, etc. And the other guy around here that builds them the same way is several grand higher, so I am pondering on the pole barn idea again. I got a quote from Summertown Metals earlier this year that was pretty cheap, seems like they have amish guys that erect buildings for them. It was just shy of $15k for a 30x36x12 insulated with a 10x36 lean to with 24' of it closed in. Materials was $10,127 and labor was $4,800. But I have since changed ideas with what I want. Maybe we can build one within a year. Need the storage space bad.

Thinking about a 40x40x10 with metal trusses so I can do a 10x10 door in middle and a 10x8 on each side of it, with a 20' carport like you have. Inside I would frame up stud walls and wall off 10' of one side of it as a storage room for the old lady and then possibly wall off a small room in the back corner for a home gym. I need to work off these craft beers and mexican food one of these days. Haha. Then have somewhere around 1000 sq ft left for my shop space. That's the current idea anyways.

I have scoured Craigslist and Googled metal buildings for the last 2 years. I'd find an ad advertising a 30x40x12 for 12k. I'd call and they would quote something totally different and higher than what was in the ad. And then I ran across a picture of a building similar to mine and decided I wanted an over hang. Cheapest quote I could find was one of the carport companies. And their idea was a 30x30 garage with a 30x20 carport bolted to it for $13,500. I didn't want a cheap looking building. I'm glad I went the direction I did. I'm extremely happy with it. Now to get electrical, plumbing, roll up doors, and concrete done. I had a budget of $20k. My excavating was way more than I expected and has set me back some.

So when they pour concrete, they just gonna lay a bed of gravel down, form it, and fill it up even with the bottom of the shop walls? So in those high spots, the concrete will be what looks like 6-8+ inches thick?

Latest posts