• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

While looking for my buddy an older tow rig, I may have gone way off the deep end...stumbled upon a 2002 F450, crew cab, 12 foot flatbed. Has the 7.3 with auto trans and 225k on the ticker. It's 2wd, but is a dually with good 19.5's. It is WAY more truck than I need to haul around my Jeep and tractor, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It has a 4.88 gear in the Dana 80, so it's not a speed demon by any means, but for a truck this size it drives great and the wife enjoys driving it around!

Had to put this truck on a Commercial Policy despite being for Personal Use only, but full coverage is still cheaper than the wife's Tacoma.

Plan is to clean it up and use the truck for awhile until I find something better suited for my actual wants/needs.

Pics from the For Sale ad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 173
smbroady82 said:
There you go!

I know that thing has got to pull better than the Tacoma!

Yeah so after all that talk about not buying a 4th vehicle etc that we did, I ended up going from under trucked to way over trucked in a matter of weeks. Will find out how it tows over Easter weekend.

If/when I sell it, this could work great for you in terms of having a flatbed for the camper and then just getting a bigger trailer for two rigs...

All origanal except engine is a 350 adapted to factory trans front axle is a dana/spicer 25 and rear is a timken split housing.
was muddy where we were going to wheel that weekend and did not think my two wheel drive would pull trailer to camp. also only live 7 mile from the park.

06 2500 sport, 4x4, 6 speed, 5.9 Cummins, has a few mods. Pulls like a train
8d82817591087aeeb18f43809e04954a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got the new rig. Haven't put anything behind it yet, but I'll mash my motor to chcoccolocco next weekend! I am sure it will pull great.

Anyone need some 22's and want to trade some black 20's for them with a little change my way? Gimme a shout! They have about 600 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 360
creepycrawly said:
Got the new rig. Haven't put anything behind it yet, but I'll mash my motor to chcoccolocco next weekend! I am sure it will pull great.

Anyone need some 22's and want to trade some black 20's for them with a little change my way? Gimme a shout! They have about 600 miles on them.

That the new one? Looks a lot like the other one minus the wheels? :dunno:

creepycrawly said:

I'd leave them 22's on it ole buddy.....looks pretty damn good to me. :****:

smbroady82 said:
That the new one? Looks a lot like the other one minus the wheels? :dunno:

Same year, same color. This one has a white grill and fog lights. Interior is where all the changes happened! 2 option packages nicer and I LOVE it! Only thing it needs is a backup camera and I think I am gonna throw one on that will interface with the Edge CTS2.

MoparMan said:
I'd leave them 22's on it ole buddy.....looks pretty damn good to me. :****:

Thank you sir! I am actually leaning toward it. There's only about $400 difference in tire prices for a set so I can handle the difference every 40-50k miles.

creepycrawly said:

Deleted? I want to delete my '16 so bad I can't stand it, but with my luck something major would happen as soon as I mess up the warranty.

Tlh89 said:
Deleted? I want to delete my '16 so bad I can't stand it, but with my luck something major would happen as soon as I mess up the warranty.

Yessir. And tuned. It makes so much difference. The trans tuning and getting rid of the dead pedal make it so much more enjoyable to drive. It moves now too!

I got 99 problems (cold starts, dodge trannys, air ride leaks....) but a tow rig ain't one.

b15c570251939e3d518a687b7cb3ab34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk