• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

Its amazing how much more power the 350 had over the 318. turbo I guess. I had a 69 cabover with a 318. Sick. My pickup now would out pull it.

We had a cabover jimmy with an 8v92 13 speed when I was a kid, just sold an old Jack Cooper transport truck with a 6v92. 10 speed. Big ****ing turbo and big ****ing blower. Pretty cool or things. Not worth much other than being cool laughing1
Buddy's prevost bus has an 8v92 in it that actually walks the dog with his big ass stacker behind it though.

Ever seen one of those 2 strokes run away? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah BOOM I used to work at a Detroit diesel/allison shop. Saw some cool ****.

If you chock one out while going up hill and roll backwards, it will run backwards as well as fowardwords.

Re: Re: Let's see your tow rig!!!

halcat said:
If you chock one out while going up hill and roll backwards, it will run backwards as well as fowardwords.
Ours would randomly start backwards just sitting there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We've got a 20k fork lift at my work that has a 2 stroke Detroit V6 in it. It's cool to hear that bitch screaming across the parking lot. :****:

onepieceatatime said:
I love driving those ole 2 stroke detroits. :woot: :woot:

You might change your mind pulling a cattle pot with 40 momma cows up a 7% grade. If I could describe it in one word...."sketchy"

tow rigs I play with..

Attachments

• phone pictures 4 6 17 489.jpg
    phone pictures 4 6 17 489.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 147
Re: Re: Let's see your tow rig!!!

AllGoNoShow said:
You might change your mind pulling a cattle pot with 40 momma cows up a 7% grade. If I could describe it in one word...."sketchy"
The only grades we have in Ohio were on our report cards in school. I do know all about pulling sketchy **** though because I used to drive a heavy wrecker.

The nice thing about the 71 series Detroit was to rebuild one the piston with rings on it, rod and liner all came together. Pull the head, pull the liner with all mentioned parts in it, put in the new and crank it up. AND the 3,4,6,8 and 12v all took the same piston, liner combo. A real efficient engine, just made no torque

Re:

I was told the best way to drive one was to slam the door shut on your hand before ya got in and get yourself good and pissed off and then just take it out on the truck.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I was told the best way to drive one was to slam the door shut on your hand before ya got in and get yourself good and pissed off and then just take it out on the truck.

Hell thats how i drive every truck...

Re:

onepieceatatime said:

I've heard that from several people over the years, perfect laughing1

halcat said:
The nice thing about the 71 series Detroit was to rebuild one the piston with rings on it, rod and liner all came together. Pull the head, pull the liner with all mentioned parts in it, put in the new and crank it up. AND the 3,4,6,8 and 12v all took the same piston, liner combo. A real efficient engine, just made no torque

Were the 92 cube ones different? I know they're wet sleeve as well, and all things the same across cylinder counts, but not sure if you have the plug and play aspect

Here is mine on the way back from Moab last week.

Attachments

• 18402963_10154625943295829_4340064014773118064_n.jpg
    18402963_10154625943295829_4340064014773118064_n.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 158
Re:

onepieceatatime said:

You definitely want to keep mine above 1600 rpm. The 7% grade I have to climb is a short one with a sharp turn at the bottom, I usually go through 10 gears downshifting in a length of 1/2 mile, you don't want to miss a gear I can tell you that much. Driving them aggressively is the best way to go.