• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where are they now?

What ever happened to Darryl Jones Superman buggy. He was one of the OG bouncers and I haven't seen anything on it in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:
What ever happened to Darryl Jones Superman buggy. He was one of the OG bouncers and I haven't seen anything on it in a long time

It's sittin' in his shop with flat tires last I saw...

My first buggy toyota 3.4 atlas tcase 42 tsl had a radius arm set up with hydrolic cylinders on each mout so u could adjust your wheelbase on each wheel. It would move about 6 or 8 inches on each one. Anyone know who built it?? It's now in Drummonds TN with all toyota mini truck stuff and 36' tires.

I'm not sure if I already posted this or not if so sorry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 733
A buddy of mine had that buggy very briefly a couple years ago. He was from Clanton,AL. Think he got it on trade

85toyo said:
Anybody seen this truggy?

Ha! Holy ****. Yeah. I owned it till about 4 maybe 5 months ago!! I know who still owns it. Although the weekend after I sold it guy decided to try to take out a tree with it. Ripped whole front end out. It's in Ttown al

SHELBS44 said:
Ha! Holy ****. Yeah. I owned it till about 4 maybe 5 months ago!! I know who still owns it. Although the weekend after I sold it guy decided to try to take out a tree with it. Ripped whole front end out. It's in Ttown al

Cool deal. My buddy bought it out in Texas about 6 years ago then did the back half and a few other things. Haven't seen it since he got rid of it.

Always wondered where this thing ended up. This was my first rig, bought it in '04 or '05 basically stock with hardly even a scratch. I sold it in '09 to buy my first buggy. I sold it to a guy that lived around Hazard, KY. I saw it one time at Harlan after that and I've never seen it again. It was a '94 YJ 2.5L/AX5/231 44/60 with 5.38s, lunchbox locker in the front, spool and 35 spline shafts in the rear, and 37" Iroks on re-centered H1s. That damn thing climbed like a mountain goat on meth. Just rev it up in 2nd gear and dump the clutch and hold the hell on. :woot:

85toyo said:
Cool deal. My buddy bought it out in Texas about 6 years ago then did the back half and a few other things. Haven't seen it since he got rid of it.

Damn didn't know it came from Texas. I had it for about 3 years or so. Got it from a guy in adamsville. Only pics I have of it now is when dude hit the tree with it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 149
Hahahaha yeah good pic ain't it. Well when they hit the tree it ripped most the front end out. It was on its side. They drug it on the wrecker. A buddy owns the wrecker. Fuel was leaking out they didn't realize it. Lit a torch to cut the last u bolt off and a spark landed in the fuel. :****: they took the pic right before they put it out. What you don't see if they wrecker owner running up with a fire extinguisher.

SHELBS44 said:
Hahahaha yeah good pic ain't it. Well when they hit the tree it ripped most the front end out. It was on its side. They drug it on the wrecker. A buddy owns the wrecker. Fuel was leaking out they didn't realize it. Lit a torch to cut the last u bolt off and a spark landed in the fuel. :****: they took the pic right before they put it out. What you don't see if they wrecker owner running up with a fire extinguisher.

What wrecker company is it? Dewayne's towing?

SHELBS44 said:
Damn didn't know it came from Texas. I had it for about 3 years or so. Got it from a guy in adamsville. Only pics I have of it now is when dude hit the tree with it.

Man that trucks had a rough life :****:

This is it before the back half

onepieceatatime said:
I just figured you were using BeerJs light a rig on fire photoshop trick

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Haha nope real flames.
MoparMan said:
What wrecker company is it? Dewayne's towing?

No it's a buddy of mines AA quick tow. That's his orange jeep on the back of the roll back. He had used it to tow them out there
85toyo said:
Man that trucks had a rough life :****:

This is it before the back half

You ain't lying!! I beat the hell outta that rig for 3 years. Only broke minor ****. I don't know what y'all had done to that carb on that big block but I never would adjust it cause it never cut out on hills. Crazy seeing it like that. I liked it I was just to tall for a single cab. It went good for what it was :****:

SHELBS44 said:
You ain't lying!! I beat the hell outta that rig for 3 years. Only broke minor ****. I don't know what y'all had done to that carb on that big block but I never would adjust it cause it never cut out on hills. Crazy seeing it like that. I liked it I was just to tall for a single cab. It went good for what it was :****:

I believe he put a fuel pressure regulator on it to keep it from flooding on hills. It was a fun truck.

No it's a buddy of mines AA quick tow. That's his orange jeep on the back of the roll back. He had used it to tow them out there .

Oh ok, do you know any of the guys at Dewayne's towing in T-town? I've picked up vehicles there a couple of times and noticed a couple of crawlers sitting around.

No more than any of them that bring trucks to our shop. I work for Thompson Caterpillar in Ttown so see them
Bring some trucks in. Might need to look into that though. Don't know a lot of people with crawlers around here. Atleast that I ride with besides a few