• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rogue Benders?

Rokcrler said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vzRue5sPUIc
Looks overly complicated to setup/operate :dunno:
Im sold on my JD2 M32 its hydro however :dblthumb:
I did start with a JD2 M3 with the air/hydro ram and although better than manual, was slow and loud :eek:

It is just as easy to use as any manual bender. We need to make a new video, we now have much nicer pins with a long chamfer at the end, they snap right in. We also pulled the ram pin in the video at the end (oops) but you don't need to to remove the tube.

deranged57 said:
x2

I love my M32, as far as I am concerned it is the only entry level bender you need to consider. Just my $.02

Here at Rogue Fab we don't bash the competition, but it always comes up in discussion. The JD model 32 is an excellent product with a great reputation and we will not try to say it isn't, but it is in a whole different price category. I picked a random zip code in Michigan to calculate shipping costs, since I see you are in Michigan. I also included a model 3.

A model 32 hydraulic bender, air pump, stand, 1.75x180 die set and 1.25x180 die set is $2094.02 shipped to your state.

A model 3 manual bender, stand, 1.75x180 die set and 1.25x180 die set is $1083.06 shipped to your state. Add $120 for a Hf ram adapter and $72 for the ram and you are at $1275.06.

A Rogue Fab bender, 1.75 and 1.25 180 degree die sets, and the included base are $895.21 shipped to your state. Add $72 for the ram, and you have $967.21.

Now that model 32 is a little faster with the JD supplied hydraulics, but it is also more than double the price. I would say that there are more entry level benders to consider unless you have way more money than time. You could save a couple hundred if you went with a harbor freight pump on the JD unit, but that would bring you closer to the speed of the Rogue Fab machine with HF power and you would still be spending $700-$800 more. I am glad you like the bender you have and you should definitely stick with it if it works well for you.

I have no affiliation with either...but here's your apples to apples :dblthumb:
Both require the HF ram so they're equal.
The M32 is not the one to compare to the rogue...

Attachments

• 2012-10-19 12.27.52.jpg
    2012-10-19 12.27.52.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 2012-10-19 12.30.13.jpg
    2012-10-19 12.30.13.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 213
Rokcrler said:
I have no affiliation with either...but here's your apples to apples :dblthumb:
Both require the HF ram so they're equal.
The M32 is not the one to compare to the rogue...

Oops. We made two mistakes. Comparing to the model 32 and the wrong die size. Thank you.

However... The Model 3 you quote here doesn't accept the HF ram, and doesn't include a base. It can't be used even manually without additional parts. I only compared the M32 because you said it was the only one worth considering. I edited my above post to include a model 3 and the necessary parts to convert and use it and it came to $1275. Still off by over $300, or a little over $100 if you compare our larger CLR die set to theirs, which makes sense (and thank you for bringing that up, our mistake).

Just to clear the air... The above was not a knock on RogueFab at all... it was an unbiased opinion, i have no affiliation with either company, my experience is with the JD benders... :****:

Looking forward to a new video showing from loading tube, bending and removal.

:drinkers:

I just think it's cool that I can ask a question about a product I've never seen and have a manufacturer show up and give us some info on it. :dblthumb:

Rogue Fab: Please post up on Hardline here when you do finish the new video. I'll be buying a bender at some point here, and would love to give you people business WHEN the time comes. A budget bender that works great is exactly what this sport needs.

We got got a delivery from the laser cutter... New parts for the newest revision of our bender. It now bends a full 90 degrees in one ram stroke, and it is lighter too. loller.gif

RogueFab said:
It now bends a full 90 degrees in one ram stroke, and it is lighter too. loller.gif

That's DAMN AWESOME! :dblthumb: Moving pins is a pain in the ass to make one bend!

Where ya'll at on that notcher?

Eddyj said:
You got my attention. Now sell me on it. Post up the video and keep the price down.
X2 I am buying another bender in the next week and really looking for the best quality for the buck.

gasman said:
X2 I am buying another bender in the next week and really looking for the best quality for the buck.

Price isn't a promotion, it will be years before we change it!

A new video is on our to-do list, but after some more testing... We are still testing something we are calling the "HD kit" that comes with an additional support and a super beefy .3125" wall DOM sleeve to reinforce the pin on the ram. It should get us to be able to bend 1.75x.250 wall 1026 DOM without any issues. 1026 DOM is damn strong, our supplier is providing us with a material that has a yield strength above 70,000 PSI. which is more than 10% higher than the yield for normalized or annealed 4130 chromolly (yield is all that matters for bending resistance, since you aren't breaking the tube. 4130 has a very high breaking strength).

Hey Joe, i bought the one that wont bend 90 degrees how much would it cost me to get the new parts to make it updated????

Thank You Joe Wall