• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Are there any hard rock/metalheads out there besides me, or am I alone on a board with people who only like songs about divorce & dogs dying (country) or thuggin' and slangin' llello out tha crackhouse yo (rap).?

I play guitar, mainly where my attraction to hard rock/metal comes from I guess...but I appreciate most any sort of really unique musical talents.

Seen any cool concerts? Bands I've seen in concert: Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria, CHEVELLE (fav band evar!), Theory of a Deadman, Three Days Grace, Art of Dying, Stonesour, Halestorm, Skillet....think that's it so far. Missed a BADASS metal concert in Nashville a few months ago with Killswitch Engage and several more, definitely won't miss Killswitch next time they come around.

Here are a few that I like

Five finger death punch
3 days grace
Breaking Benjamin
Some Metalica
3 doors down
Shinedown

I listen to mainly hard rock. I've been to a couple dozen concerts here in FL, My favorite live shows would have to be Korn, Disturbed, Linkin Park, and Five Finger Death Punch, Look up the band Twisted Method they are from my area and are pretty good.

Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

I like "jam metal".

Pantera, Union Underground, Soil, Nonpoint, White/Rob Zombie, Arson Anthem, Assjack...

^^^ awesome bands. Three Days Grace is KICKASS live! Adam Gontier sounds almost as good live as he does in the studio. He's a talented singer.

I think most everybody that has at least one hard rocl/metal bone in their body likes FFDP, they won alot of people over when they redid Bad Company. I like their older stuff, like when The Bleeding came out.

KoRn is the **** too, ain't many bands in the rock/metal scene been around as long as they have and continue to go strong! Clown came out in 94 and I still listen to that song today.

...I fawking love music :****:

Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

TBItoy said:
I like "jam metal".

Pantera, Union Underground, Soil, Nonpoint, White/Rob Zombie, Arson Anthem, Assjack...

Pantera, Soil, Nonpoint, and Zombie are all awesomeness, but suprisingly haven't heard of the others. I'm more into the death metal ****, the bands I've seen in concert doesn't necessarrily reflect what I'm really into molaugh

Some of my top favs: of course Chevelle, then the harder stuff.... Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Parkway Drive, System of a Down, Atreyu, Chimaira, Deftones, Gojira, Mastodon (lead singer is from Pelham, AL), Smile Empty Soul, and some Manson....just to name a few.

If there's anything that I'm thoroughly versed in, it's heavy music. Listen to it pretty much 24/7 :drinkers:

InDaShop said:
I didnt know it was called "jam metal" but I like all those bands you named.

There's so many different sub genres of metal, it's sickening....nearly every damn metal vid on teh Yootubez has a bunch of morons arguing in the comment section over what type of metal sub genre the band is.

Lamb of God is my ****, they are classified as groove metal / metalcore.

I listen to Heavy metal/ Jam bands what ever you want to call it I'm prolly much older than y'all, cause I grew with Megadeath, black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Motorhead and such. Seen alot of concerts before I got married 22 years ago. The last metal concert I went was Metallica a couple years back.

s10me said:
I listen to Heavy metal/ Jam bands what ever you want to call it I'm prolly much older than y'all, cause I grew with Megadeath, black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Motorhead and such. Seen alot of concerts before I got married 22 years ago. The last metal concert I went was Metallica a couple years back.

I've got Guitar Hero: Metallica and play that **** all the time. I would loooooooove to go to a Metallica concert...bet the tickets ain't cheap nowadays either. Metallica will always be badass :****:

Josh, most of your sissy music makes me laugh... Parkway, hatebreed, pantera, and LOG are on the soft side for me.... I own somewhere north of 400 metal albums from all the **** I came up with in high school :the soll, pantera, union underground, systematic, white/rob zombie---- all the way to my dying fetus, dawn of demise, and allegaeon fascination. If you ever want any albums let me know. Favorite real metal song? Probably Holy Roller by Throwdown.

Speaking of guitar I play a Hellraiser C7 & a Epiphone Zakk Wylde with an EMG 81/85 combo

muddinmetal said:
Josh, most of your sissy music makes me laugh... Parkway, hatebreed, pantera, and LOG are on the soft side for me.... I own somewhere north of 400 metal albums from all the **** I came up with in high school :the soll, pantera, union underground, systematic, white/rob zombie---- all the way to my dying fetus, dawn of demise, and allegaeon fascination. If you ever want any albums let me know. Favorite real metal song? Probably Holy Roller by Throwdown.

Speaking of guitar I play a Hellraiser C7 & a Epiphone Zakk Wylde with an EMG 81/85 combo

I like the more melodic type ****, but I have listened to some Dying Fetus before. I dig the guitar in alot of bands like that, but the vocals just kinda kill it for me on most of them. LOG is prolly my favorite metal band, but I like all their older stuff, especially back when they were Burn The Priest and then the first LOG album, New American Gospel....well I think that was the first LOG album at least lol.

You gotz wayyy better guitar equipment than I have lol. I have 5 guitars but nothing really super badass like that. And I just play out of a cheap Line 6 Spider III amp, has good range of distortion for no more than I play. I bought an Ibanez Halberd X-series a few months ago that was supposed to be a brand new factory 2nd due to cosmetic flaws, but I think something is wrong with the pickups/wiring or something, it isn't very loud, it's like the guitars volume has been cut in half or worse. So I stick to my Ibanez SA-120 with dual humbuckers and DR 10-46 ga. strings...sounds awesome since I put the DR's on it.

Latest posts