• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

I immediately thought of Dino Cazarez when I first heard those riffs. Funny thing is it is stated that the drummer for this band has worked with Divine Heresy and Fear Factory.

areta3ar.jpg

Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

TacomaJD said:
I immediately thought of Dino Cazarez when I first heard those riffs. Funny thing is it is stated that the drummer for this band has worked with Divine Heresy and Fear Factory.

areta3ar.jpg

See, the guitarist played on All Shall Perish's 4th album. They are one of my favorite bands musically, but I know you'll have the vocals so I don't even bother posting up

Not quite metal, but "It Might Get Loud", the documentary about Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White is worth looking into if you are a guitarist. I was unaware that Jack White lives in Franklin, Tn. :dunno: Who woulda thunk it?

Man, Im old skool...I don't recognize half the bands here :****: I grew up rockin to Slayer, old school Metallica, WASP, Judas Priest, etc Idolizing Randy Rhodes, Nuno Bettencourt, Yngwie Malmsteen, Warren DeMartini, and on and on...My taste has melowed out a lot now. I play guitar, but suck. Its hard to put the time into practice that it takes. When I listen to these videos, it is definitely inspiring. I'm telling myself right now I'll make time to practice more...Ha, right! To those of you that do play well -Im jealous

DirtMonkey said:
Man, Im old skool...I don't recognize half the bands here :****: I grew up rockin to Slayer, old school Metallica, WASP, Judas Priest, etc Idolizing Randy Rhodes, Nuno Bettencourt, Yngwie Malmsteen, Warren DeMartini, and on and on...My taste has melowed out a lot now. I play guitar, but suck. Its hard to put the time into practice that it takes. When I listen to these videos, it is definitely inspiring. I'm telling myself right now I'll make time to practice more...Ha, right! To those of you that do play well -Im jealous

That's how I am. I only play when I have absolutely nothing better to do. I would say I'm at about 20% of where I'd like to be. I can learn most anything fairly easily, except metal. Fast riffs and alternate picking and technical palm muting patterns are not something picked up overnight....and I just don't care to or have the time to devote to mastering it. And that's not even touching on metal type solo's with sweep picking and wild finger tapping scales. Just out of my league....so I just listen to it and envy those who can do it.