• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

94xjsport94 said:
I guess I'm not as hardcore as some of y'all... I like august burns red, ADTR, Metallica, Alice in chains, in hearts wake, pantera, anthrax, and more
I dig most of those! I really like Alice In Chains. Not too long ago, I went through everything I could on Youtube of Layne Staley. Read a bunch of articles too. Crazy how bad he let drugs **** him up. He holed himself up in his apartment, didn't talk to anybody, and just done dope and played video games by himself with the occasional friend stopping by every now and then. They got together in the studio after a bit of a break and when Layne showed up, nobody recognized him. He lost all his teeth, looked like ass, and skinny as a rail. In some of the songs he recorded during that time, you can notice he pronounces some words funny due to lack of teeth. Didn't take long for the drugs to take his life.

Funny how some like him just go hardcore full-on raging dopehead and dies early on, then you got ones like Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots that was full on raging dopehead and lives past 50 before the drugs finally got him.

I couldn't imagine being so caught up in something capable of ruining your life so quickly.

94xjsport94 said:
I guess I'm not as hardcore as some of y'all... I like august burns red, ADTR, Metallica, Alice in chains, in hearts wake, pantera, anthrax, and more
Adtr is one of my faves. Messengers from August burns red is a bad mother of an album. Also dig some 80s metallica. No grunge for this dude though.

9ccdca0d239955139a843422da10ec5e.jpg

Thinking about it. But we already bought tickets to Ghost and Iron Maiden in Nashville in June.

98TJ said:
Thinking about it. But we already bought tickets to Ghost and Iron Maiden in Nashville in June.
I like the fact that you named Ghost first. I thought about going to that show but I think I want to see Ghost as the headliner next.

Beerj said:
I like the fact that you named Ghost first. I thought about going to that show but I think I want to see Ghost as the headliner next.

I like different music and they are definitely different. I ran across Ghost while watching some of the festival videos that Babymetal played.

Slayer, Lamb of God, and Behemoth live in Nashville July 30th.....umm, yeah pretty sure I'm gon' buy a ticket for that ****! :****:

TacomaJD said:
Slayer, Lamb of God, and Behemoth live in Nashville July 30th.....umm, yeah pretty sure I'm gon' buy a ticket for that ****! :****:
Just heard about that today. I didn't look at dates but I'm pretty confident that they'll play killadelphia. I never miss a chance to see them.

Beerj said:
Just heard about that today. I didn't look at dates but I'm pretty confident that they'll play killadelphia. I never miss a chance to see them.

I'll go by myself if I have to. Slayer been on my bucket list for a while now. And of course I love me some LOG!

Slayer, Lamb of God and Behemoth Tour Dates

July 12 - Bemidji, MN @ Sanford Center
July 13 - Cadott, WI @ Rock Fest 2017 *
July 15 - Oshkosh, WI @ Rock USA 2017 *
July 16 - Chicago, IL @ Chicago Open Air Festival
July 18 - Columbus, OH @ Express Live!
July 20 - Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
July 21 - St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheater
July 23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory Outdoors
July 25 - Boston, MA @ Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
July 27 - New York, NY @ Theater at Madison Square Garden
July 28 - Baltimore, MD @ Pier Six Pavilion
July 30 - Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
August 1 - Bonner Springs, KS @ Providence Medical Center Amphitheater
August 2 - Denver, CO @ 1st Bank Center
August 4 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint/Hard Rock Hotel
August 5 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
August 9 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
August 11 - Eugene, OR @ The Cuthbert Amphitheater
August 12 - Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theatre
August 14 - Dawson Creek, BC @ Encana Events Center
August 15 - Fort McMurray, AB @ SMS Equipment Stadium
August 17 - Missoula, MT @ KettleHouse Amphitheater
August 19 - Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater
August 20 - Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre

* Behemoth will not perform

Looks like I've got my july 23rd planned. Lol. Gonna be interesting since the electric factory is right in the city. Not sure how that's gonna work for an outdoor show.

jeeptj99 said:
Anyone hear if chris cornel died or is it a hoax?

Hung himself after playing a show last night. Deader than a doornail. Survived by wife and 3 kids. ****ing cowardly way out, depression/addiction or not.

Re:

The entire new Mastodon album - Emperor of the Sands - is my new favorite ****. I bet I have listened to it start to finish 75-100 times since it came out. To start with, I didn't like some of the songs on it, but the more I listened to it, there are little gems in each song and now I like the whole album. I would rank it in my top 3 favorite albums ever.

Songs to listen to as a first time listener:

Steambreather
Sultan's Curse
Ancient Kingdom
Jaguar God

Roots Remain was one song I didn't care for so much at first, but now it is one of my favorites.

Mastodon really stepped their game up with this album. It is a 4 member band, and 3 of them sing including the drummer. The drummer's name is Brann Dailor and he is ****ing awesome. He is the higher pitched clean vocalist that starts out Steambreather with "Running outside the Nazca Lines...."

Anyways, Mastodon isn't for everyone, this album is much more palatable than previous albums, maybe you will dig it.

Turn that Sirius satellite radio on in that truck man, awesome music stations on there, all kinda mix of rock stations I listen to classic vinyl and classic rewind which is 70-80' s. Ozzies boneyard and lithium and many more, new rock is hit and big miss, I prefer what I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk