Hardline Crawlers
October 22, 2018, 02:53:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/  (Read 73371 times)
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #450 on: June 23, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »

Saw it this morning, bad deal. I'd wager opiates be the blame. Thats usually what gets these guys, as I doubt he was a heroine user.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »

All they've said so far is that he died in his sleep. Wayne Static (of Static X) died in his sleep as well at about the same age a few yrs ago. Opiates were to blame. Those guys build up such a tolerance eventually their bodies just shut down. Vinnie being a slightly bigger guy probably didn't help the matter either. But...it's just speculation at this point.

98TJ

Re:
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »

Only way I would see Ghost is if they were opening for a good band.... lol

That's kinda how I saw accidentally Ghost last year when they opened for Iron Maiden in Nashville.  I wasn't expecting much and they sure ain't a traditional metal band, but they were damn good and I actually like them better than Maiden.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

Re:
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

That's kinda how I saw accidentally Ghost last year when they opened for Iron Maiden in Nashville.  I wasn't expecting much and they sure ain't a traditional metal band, but they were damn good and I actually like them better than Maiden.

Kinda how I was about Behemoth when I saw them with Lamb of God and Slayer last year. They were awesome live, but listening to their albums' music, I just don't enjoy it that much.
98TJ

« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »

I was planning going to see Behemoth until I found out their front man was a big time Babymetal hater.  Fuck that.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »

I was planning going to see Behemoth until I found out their front man was a big time Babymetal hater.  Fuck that.

Lol Nergal is pretty awesome from interviews I've seen of him.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2018, 11:38:19 PM »

Been on a Tool kick lately, this song is so fawking awesome. Maynard is a fawking lyrical genius.

Tool - Right in Two Lyrics
98TJ

« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »

Saw Slayer in Atlanta last night.  Best live performance I've ever seen.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #458 on: August 11, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »

Saw Slayer in Atlanta last night.  Best live performance I've ever seen.
What you think about Lamb of God? I go see them, Slayer, and the rest tomorrow night in Nashville. Can't wait.

Lamb of God puts on the best show I've ever seen. 2nd would be Breaking Benjamin.

98TJ

« Reply #459 on: August 11, 2018, 07:32:28 PM »

Napalm Death – we got there a little late, but we could hear them outside the amphitheater and they sounded very good

Testament – I liked them and plan on getting some of their CDs.

Anthrax – I’ve always wanted to like Antrax, but I just can’t get there for some reason.  They did what they do.

Lamb of God – I’m not a fan of the cookie monster vocals, but for some reason I do like LoG.  They were very professional, gave 100% and acted like they were glad to be there.  I think they played about one hour.  I never knew 512 sounded like the harmonica music in Once Upon a Time in the West until last night.

Slayer – non-stop madness for about 1:45.  Amazing show.  At the end they spent a lot of time just standing on stage and just looking out at the fans.  I guess they figured they would never be playing these locations again.  A saw Lemmy do the same thing at some of his last shows.  I think he knew he was dying and just wanted to take it all in one last time.  The crowd response to Slayer was amazing also.  People around us who had been zombies for most of the day turned into wild ass head bangers the whole time Slayer played.

A work buddy gave me the tickets, I’m so glad I went.  Have fun, take earplugs.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:38:02 PM by 98TJ » Logged
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »

These fuckin idiots standing outside the venue. Lol

Testament on stage now. Missed Napalm Death completely. Testament began playing as we got seated.

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »

Scott Ian's a badass

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2018, 05:17:29 PM »

Waiting on the best band to kick off! Lol

98TJ

« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »

Need more pictures!
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »

98TJ

« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »

Looks like you had good seats.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »

Nashville Municipal Auditorium is a good venue. The way it's designed, the worst seats aren't really that bad. That's where I seen em last year. I prefer general admission floor tickets and usually stand toward the back of the crowd, but as long of a show as this was, I'm glad we got seats instead.

jeeptj99

« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2018, 08:10:41 AM »

Nashville Municipal Auditorium is a good venue. The way it's designed, the worst seats aren't really that bad. That's where I seen em last year. I prefer general admission floor tickets and usually stand toward the back of the crowd, but as long of a show as this was, I'm glad we got seats instead.

When we went and saw Metallica last year we had general admission tickets, granted we got about 20 feet away from the stage but standing the baking ass sun from about 430 until 11ish without drinking or eating was rough. I'd do it again tonight though.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2018, 11:31:24 AM »

When we went and saw Metallica last year we had general admission tickets, granted we got about 20 feet away from the stage but standing the baking ass sun from about 430 until 11ish without drinking or eating was rough. I'd do it again tonight though.
I like climate control. Im out on outdoor shows. Lol

jeeptj99

« Reply #469 on: August 13, 2018, 11:58:55 AM »

I like climate control. Im out on outdoor shows. Lol

Ok TonyB  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
SkinnyPedalRacing

« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »

Fiver finger death puch, Breakin Binjmain, Bad Wolves, and no where (think that was other band) was a good concert in ATL last night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

www.skinnypedalracing.com

Contact us for anything offroad, truck, jeep, or any other project you may have.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »

Fiver finger death puch, Breakin Binjmain, Breaking Bad , and no where (think that was other band) was a good concert in ATL last night.

Next to Lamb of God, Breaking Benjamin puts on one of the best shows I've seen. They are awesome live performers. When I saw them in Chattanooga a few months ago, they played some Pantera, TOOL, and Nirvana. I love hearing them cover songs. Talented group of folks.

Here is a vid of Slayer taking the stage last night.

http://youtu.be/iTFZzTlNgP4

jeeptj99

« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »

Fiver finger death puch, Breakin Binjmain, Breaking Bad , and no where (think that was other band) was a good concert in ATL last night.

I wanted to go to that so bad. Was Bad Wolves still with them?

Travis
Little tires, big heart

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #473 on: August 13, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »

I think he meant to say bad wolves instead of breaking bad - that's not a band.  The lineup was FFDP, Breaking Benjamin, Nothing More, and Bad Wolves. I was offered tickets to that show too not long ago but it was same night as Slayer show I already had tickets to so I couldn't go. FFDP is too mainstream-ish to me. Breaking Benjamin would have really been the only one I would have cared to see. Old FFDP was ok, like The Bleeding, but most their stuff just sounds too much like radio metal to me.

http://youtu.be/5BAiDKOqfvc

SkinnyPedalRacing

« Reply #474 on: August 13, 2018, 04:58:35 PM »

Yes, I meat bad wolves. I edited that.

www.skinnypedalracing.com

Contact us for anything offroad, truck, jeep, or any other project you may have.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: