• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

ratedX said:
I need 2 any body know how to get ahold of him ive pm d him twice

Damn dude, I just got all 3 of your pms from today

Today at 07:08:18 AM (No subject) ratedX
Today at 03:26:31 PM (No subject) ratedX
Today at 04:55:31 PM

I have a full time job and do this on the side to help out fellow wheelers and give me a reason to justify owning such a ridiculous machine. Yes they are still available and I'll pm you $$ and ordering info.

I've got one that Jamie built me on my rig....it's been there for about 3 or 4 months or so and I've never even put a fire extinguisher in it :wtflol: Guess it's time to buy one

Re: Re: Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

Fire extinguisher came in today...I'm all saddled up now.

a9u7ybaq.jpg

Added a jduck unit to my pile o parts about a year ago…forgot to put up a pic til this thread got bumped here ya go.. i need to add another extinguisher for easier access should I not be able to get to this one. I put the pin on a cable tether cause I'm bad to loose **** lol

If you cant reach it with your shoulder straps still on its worthless. Once the shoulders are off, you'll be able to get out and wont worry about putting the fire out until you are on flatground outside the vehicle. At that point the extinguisher isnt worth reaching in to get.

Re: Re: Re: Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

InDaShop said:
If you cant reach it with your shoulder straps still on its worthless. Once the shoulders are off, you'll be able to get out and wont worry about putting the fire out until you are on flatground outside the vehicle. At that point the extinguisher isnt worth reaching in to get.

That's why I mounted mine at the rear of my truck. My first concern would be getting my ass the fawk out of my truck if it was on fire. I see no reason for an extinguisher to be in the cab, but different people see things differently. If I see a flame, regardless of where it is, I'm unharnessing and getting the fawk out and damn sure wouldn't want to reach back in to get it after the flames are going. Just gtfo, run (or hobble) to rear of truck where it's a little more likely to be safe, then start spraying ****. I have been thinking about mounting a 2nd one on it, and if I do, I will likely mount it right beside the one already in the rear. I just can't see any other place having more of an advantage.

InDaShop said:

I've always assumed extinguishers mounted at the rear/sides of vehicles were for bystanders to grab to assist in getting someone out. Ideally one would be within reach from the inside and 1 or 2 from the outside.

Re: Re: Re: Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

Jduck said:
I've always assumed extinguishers mounted at the rear/sides of vehicles were for bystanders to grab to assist in getting someone out. Ideally one would be within reach from the inside and 1 or 2 from the outside.

X2

I had one between the seats, and one on each pillar behind the "cab" area on my old race truck

2.5lbs can be reached from seat or outside but not while strapped in
4egara2e.jpg

5lb in back
zugyzemu.jpg

Think I will go a head and order a 13.5oz. all weather cold fire for in the front to be accessible while strapped in

InDaShop said:

hadn't thought about it that way, appreciate the thought.… i need to put a second one on anyway

I had mine next to my case shifters where I can reach it strapped in for that very reason. I was strapped in when mine flamed up higher than my cage and reached in the flames to get it so I could get the fire off mine and Grandpa's legs.
It's def no good if you can't reach it

Latest posts