• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

I have a question. For the rigs that have onboard fire extinguisher systems that use dry chemical. Will the system work properly if the rig is on it's roof, side, nose etc?
I know the standard extinguishers use a pickup tube to supply the chemical agent to the nozzle. How does this effect the use of the f/e if it is not valve up?
I ask because I have room for a 10lb f/e just forward of my shifter in my buggy, in reach of the driver or pass. I had planned on plumbing valve to a couple nozzles aimed at the engine/exhaust.
Not sure if it is worth the effort. I already have the f/e.

Will a cold fire type of f/e work upside down as well?

Just read the cold fire thread in the vender's section and it answered a few of my questions.
Now how would we make a reservoir using cold fire, plumbing and nozzles that would work no matter the vehicle orientation.
Swinging pickup? roll over/check valves? :dunno:

I'm picturing 3+ gallons and 4 nozzles at the engine. ???

Thanks John. That's a lot of equipment for the $$.
The cable actuator in nice for being able to remote mount.
Still wonder about the flexible pickup. If the bottle was mounted horizontaly and the valve end on the drivers side, I can see a flexible pickup working for three sides.
What if the rig was on it's drivers side? I would think the bottle just release the air charge once the pickup was uncovered.

Use one system but add a second bottle, valve to passenger side?

if you have a fire extinguisher with a plastic top on it, throw it in the garbage and go get one that's all metal.....those do not hold up to the vibration and will let you down when you need it!

FYI...we put the following code as a discount for $10 off any product that is listed below.
The code is HARDLINE in all caps when checking out of our online store. http://www.shop.coldfiresoutheast.com

The following items and part numbers are able to be discounted for your group.

Part Number (SKU) Title
CFASB2LHH Cold Fire 2L Extinguisher for Government and Military
CFD1LMS 1 Liter Cold Fire Defense Manual System
CFD2LMS 2 Liter Cold Fire Manual System
CFD5SYSTEM Cold Fire Defense 5 lb On Board Fire Suppression System
CFSE1L 1 Liter Cold Fire Extinguisher (Non Winterized)
CFSE25G 2.5 gal Cold Fire Extinguisher (Non winterized)
CFSE2L 2 Liter Cold Fire Extinguisher (Non Winterized)
CFSE4LH 4 Liter Cold Fire Extinguisher with Foam Hose NW
CFSE6LEXTNW Cold Fire Extinguisher 6 Liter NW

Putting my rig together and thought this might be a good thread to bump to the top since its getting to be that time of year.

I picked up these ABC dry Chem ext from a local fire supply for $35 a piece. Well worth my rig not being burned down, or worse my occupants being burned. I have them mounted behind both sides of the B pillar, and have thought about adding one to the cabin and one to the stern. Seems overkill till you're on fire.

hjpcummins said:
Who is building/selling these?
Pm me I need two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you got a pm, get in touch with JDuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am running two of the quick releases from Synergy but need one more. I wish I would have seen these first.
13226699663_1dd76b8a90_z.jpg

13226873034_901fc7435c_z.jpg

Ordered 4 of these this weekend from jduck to go on mine and my wife's buggg. Can never have too many extinguishers

I built some of these a while back but never mounted them since I already had the 2.5s mounted. Just got a new extinguisher so I finally got one of the mounts installed.
1959252_10203113304372535_1624263208_n.jpg

Got mine ordered with Jduck

Hope to have them in soon will post up pics!

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

I tried emailing and says it will not go through. I would like a price on 4-6 of this type. Thanks!

Attachments

• 13226699663_1dd76b8a90_z.jpg
    13226699663_1dd76b8a90_z.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 107