• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

I had a couple in my buggy, never had to use them thank goodness. I'd be in for at least 2.

jeeptj99 said:
I was thinking about this thread the other day. How many would you need to make a run? I'd be in for at least 4 maybe 5, pretty sure I could get a couple others to chip in and pick a few more up.

I'd be in for 2-4 if he's willing to make a run of parts.

Had my power steering cap pop off yesterday and a quick engine fire in a real bad spot yesterday(leading everyone up a sloppy hill climb). I had my autozone extinguisher and got it put out before anyone else even could make it to me(they weren't far behind though and greatly appreciated).

Regardless, I'd be in on one of these if they are still available.

the video BK posted yesterday from the Gray Rock ride had a few fires , one dude catches on fire then just stands there screaming "fire" all helpless.... all the $$$ we spend on rigs and you can't even put a fire extinguisher on it to protect it in the event of a fire :dunno:

like the guy above said: be self sufficient

Don't get me wrong. I was hollering fire. But that was for backup. Luckily I was riding in my rig solo

I need a few. I have the bracket that bolts to the extinguisher just need the other

jeeptj99 said:
So again, how many are needed to do a run? Even if it doesnt come with hose clamps or anything i'd be down for at least 4.
I will be seeing Jduck this week and let him know that there is action in this thread again. I know he has a little back log of work at the moment though.

mdo817 said:
I will be seeing Jduck this week and let him know that there is action in this thread again. I know he has a little back log of work at the moment though.

Let me know. I know I can get more people that arent on here to get some also.

DIY4x has a similar solution that isn't quite as "DIY" as Jduck's

different type of spring pin, and comes powder coated red (says the description)

bolt down $45
https://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17833&page=1

weld on $40
https://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17707&page=1

Those look decent. Good price.
I will see if jduck is interested . If hes to busy prob just pick those up. Wander if they will send them non powdered

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Those look nice, but IMO I'd rather have JDuckss imply because they can be operated one handed. With those you'd have to have both hands. One to pull and hold the pin and one to grab the extinguisher. Hopefully it will never happen to anyone but to be on fire and have an arm pinned or injured and not be able to get your extinguisher would really suck.

Re: Re: Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

mdo817 said:
Maybe he'll do them again...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

hokie_yj said:
Those look nice, but IMO I'd rather have JDuckss imply because they can be operated one handed. With those you'd have to have both hands. One to pull and hold the pin and one to grab the extinguisher. Hopefully it will never happen to anyone but to be on fire and have an arm pinned or injured and not be able to get your extinguisher would really suck.

I think I made that exact post a few pages back! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts