• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Proud Dads

Card my 12 yo daughter made for me.....

ed21d9b110c2684ee547b0a2ba4b9a65.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I couldn't have been more proud of my daughter yesterday afternoon. Presenting the colors at the Chattanooga Lookouts ball game.
She's holding the blue Civil Air Patrol flag.
edd14e0c68a3c5d560943ab7af5a0c14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The last two post are awesome!!!!! As posted before my daughter plays softball and I was in civil air patrol. You should both be really proud.

They let our little short course race series on the Lucas Oil track a little over a week ago. A month before that we went to watch Rob Mac, Deegan, Mcgrath, Leduc etc, all the badass names race there, then they let us go play. I didn't get my Yamaha done but we took the boy in his 170. 11 in his class, pulled a third out of about 8 fast contender RZR's. Stayed up all week before doing carb, head, building exhaust, redoing suspension a bit, clutching etc. Everyone else there bought $$$$$ fuel injection systems, bought 3-500 exhaust systems, etc etc, mine was all Ebay ****, I ported the head and bought a $30 carb and drilled the jets, made the intake, made the exhaust out of roll cage tubing, cut down a 450 silencer etc to get it all there. There were 4 that could DRIVE AWAY from him, he held one off and one wrecked, then there were 4 that run right with him and he was right in the mix. Mostly 12 year olds, 2 13 year olds, a could 10 and 11, he's the only 9 year old out there.
It was good we went, local they only require a neck roll, long sleeve and pants, for this it was full HNR, fire suit, gloves etc. Spurred me to get this safety in line.
First heat is uneventful, he's feeling out all the new power and clutching and 20% more gearing. About 6 min in he's settle in in the second heat. You can see at 7 min how fast some of them are in a straight or in general. We are going from 180 to 232 4 valve head here soon to get back the edge that some of the others have gained recently. Main starts about 9 minutes. His buddy Myles is in the light green/orange cage. 11 min he gets into the black (fast as ****) one and rolls, chain falls off black, lucky break. There was a much faster machine behind him that he held off for 4 laps, at 13:30 ish you can see him stick a tire outside, the boy cut it off. Aggressive and doesn't yield. 16:50 he takes his shot for second but doesn't have it.

Kansas CIty Off Road Racing Association

That's is freakin awesome Kelly. Everything from the low budget tech to his driving. You will teach him you can't buy skill and there is no better feeling then beating someone who has twice as much money in their rig.
Do your own thread and keep us updated.

Eddyj said:
That's is freakin awesome Kelly. Everything from the low budget tech to his driving. You will teach him you can't buy skill and there is no better feeling then beating someone who has twice as much money in their rig.
Do your own thread and keep us updated.
Need to, assembling parts for a dyno build and the 232cc now

So my 12 yo/7th grader tried out for the Junior High softball team last Fri. She found out on Mon that she made it, that same day my 5 yo daughter had her 1st practice. My 12 yo is helping coach my 5 yo team. Here is a picture of them working together.

There is around 180 students in my daughter's 7th grade class, only 15 even tried out cause most know it's really hard to make the team (super competitive softball school). She is 1 of 6 in her grade that made the team, there is also six 8th graders on the team.
8203f305dd04270ba33cd4bdfbb1e8fb.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Like father, like son Luke. In the second picture it looks like he's loading up a diaper for you to change. I know that feeling too. :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

Took off work today to go on a field trip with the boy, on our way home he says he wants to go hiking (probably just a ploy to delay nap time) so we stopped and Cummins Falls and walked in to the overlook. He was like Super Mario stomping all the mushrooms on the sides of the trail. Gonna try to take him fishing for the first time this weekend too.

4697a173c43cf12742cac584f447c9e3.jpg

70ba51b0a685ecf8cb9420cc2c063ee6.jpg

094b5f385dc801f550d2e19f8c5e531a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome Nick! I'm sure everyone has heard this many times......but enjoy spending as much time as you can with him. My oldest is 12 now, it's like I blinked and she's all grown up.

MoparMan said:
That's awesome Nick! I'm sure everyone has heard this many times......but enjoy spending as much time as you can with him. My oldest is 12 now, it's like I blinked and she's all grown up.

Oh I am. My dad worked a lot of the time until I was a teen, so we didn't spend much time together except for a few years.

My wife's dad has been in bad shape for about 3 months now and she's been occupied with caring for him, so the boy has got LOTS of daddy time since his 3rd birthday.

TBItoy said:
Oh I am. My dad worked a lot of the time until I was a teen, so we didn't spend much time together except for a few years.

My wife's dad has been in bad shape for about 3 months now and she's been occupied with caring for him, so the boy has got LOTS of daddy time since his 3rd birthday.

Sorry to hear that, but it's great you're able to spend alot of time with him.

My dad was always gone when I was growing up and he's still gone a good bit, he's always been a truck driver. So I've always said I will not miss out on seeing my kids grow up like he did. I went out on the road for 1 yr but it was only 3-4 days a week....I still couldn't stand that. So I've always drove local except for the company I'm working for now....but I've still only spent 5 nights out of town in a little over 2 years I've been working there.

Dang Nick, that almost brought tears to my eyes, I miss them days so much. Mine just turned 21 and seems like we were just playing T ball down at the park. Make sure you do anything and everything he wants to(except poop in your pants)

ADMINISTRATOR

My first ones in the oven.30 weeks to go so I just hope it all goes well. I can say I'm excited but I know it's not going to hit me until it's actually in my arms.
1f60c7b05f37f39f3ea5197b175de690.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts