• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

I had a couple hours this afternoon between sleep and getting ready for work so I got started on the other rear shock mount.

I know the left side ORI is leaned in more than the right side. These chassis are not symmetrical, that's just the way they're built. I know it looks a little funny, but it was the same way before I moved the shocks.

No, it's the angle of the chassis that's different from side to side. It makes it look like the links are different. This picture is probably the best one I have to show what I'm talking about. The angle of the taper on the rear section of the chassis is different from side to side. It's angled in quite a bit more on the left side than the right.

Thanks man. I don't remember an exact measurement, but I want to say it was something like 16-17". I just measured the fan blades and cut it just a little bit bigger.

That's a pretty good deal. That's basically what I started with mine was just blank. And just to clarify I didn't built the shroud. It came from PRC with the radiator.

hokie_yj said:
That's a pretty good deal. That's basically what I started with mine was just blank. And just to clarify I didn't built the shroud. It came from PRC with the radiator.

For the price, it wasn't even worth trying to build anything.

I got the other rear shock mount mount finished up this afternoon.

After that I started taking stuff off the front of the chassis. I've got to cut the old shock mounts off with the plasma so I figured I'd just take everything off so I don't make a mess. After I get the mounts done it's about time to tear the whole thing apart anyway.

I finally got to work on this thing a little bit again yesterday. Just a couple days after the last update in this thread lightning either struck my house, or somewhere near it. It fried a few electronics in the house, and also fried the board in my welder. I normally don't leave it plugged up, but I had left in a hurry after the last time I used it and just forgot to unplug it. The local Miller service guy recommended sending the board to Innovat in Marion, Va. They repaired it for $200 vs. buying a new board for ~$500.

I rolled the front axle out and beefed up the lower shock mounts a bit.

Then I got started on the new upper shock mounts, and swapped to the new 7075 links and rolled the axle back in. I ran out of time so I didn't get the upper mounts finished up, they're just tacked right now and will be gusseted similar to the rears.

Thanks man, I swear I'm going to get it done one day! Getting another rig so I could get out and wheel has helped a lot with the motivation.

BTW, loving your new build, it's flashemifyougotem.. Every time I look at your thread it makes me want to burn my **** to the ground. :rolf: