• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

No real progress or pictures, but I had a couple free hours the other day so I spent it stripping everything off the chassis. The only thing left is drivetrain, suspension, and axles. Hope to get it down to bare chassis this week so I can start the final welding and add gussets, etc. where needed. Also I have a couple parts for the new longer rear driveshaft at the machine shop right now. I should have them back in the next couple of days so I can get it built. I guess it's getting closer, but it feels like I still have a ton of work to do.

I just realized I forgot to upload these pics. These are from a week or so ago. I added a little protection for the light bar. It's just 1" thin wall tube so it won't hold up to a big roll but 1.5" tube just looked way too big.

I know you all have probably given up on me ever getting this thing done, but it's still alive. I finally got to put some time in on it today. I wrestled the chassis up on the table and knocked out quite a bit of the welding. Hopefully I can finish most of it up tomorrow.

Anyway, here's a few pics for proof. Haha.

hokie_yj said:
Just paint. Rustoleum hammered copper. Since the stuff pretty much self levels I'm just going to brush/roll it on.
i did this one hammered copper last year and it turned out really nice.

Re: Re: SXOR single seater build

hokie_yj said:
Thanks man!

Wanna trade...? Haha!
Second time today I've been asked, lol.

I would have a couple disappointed Co-pilots...

47f3ec7fa398b0b79eb5cb388ea80833.jpg

Matt