• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brads buggy / car build

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 diffrent rolls 1 ride?
I pulled a hat trick that day. can you say THREE.

I thought the Struts were supposed to cure the rolling over problem

Ya, me too. Theres no way it could be driver error ::).

I'm still getting used to driving my new rig, and I still want to drive it like my old one. I just hope it doesn't look like my old one before I get used to driving my new one.

Cole I think its supposed to. But the vast amount of new found stability on the struts lures you into a false senso of security and you push it that much harder in situations. :dunno: No way is it driver error. :flipoff1:

draggbody said:
lsbrackets.jpg

Hey Jimmy who makes this kit?

That is from Randy's buggy, you can see the headers. BUT in his thread he tells you who's brackets they are cole. It is not a kit. PS is from Howe I think and the Alt is from a LS1 Hot Rod house. It will tell you somewhere in his thread.

Blase said:
That is from Randy's buggy, you can see the headers. BUT in his thread he tells you who's brackets they are cole. It is not a kit. PS is from Howe I think and the Alt is from a LS1 Hot Rod house. It will tell you somewhere in his thread.

Thanks I will did through that thread again.

Cole, if your looking at the steering pump mounting bracket I have an easy solution. I mounted mine on the stock bracket where the OEM pump is mounted. Mine almost looks like it was made to go there by the factory. I have my motor out and can snap a few pics if you like. I am running the howe pump.

ry%3D320.jpg

I'm running these mid mount brackets between my motor and trans. Do I need a different torgue converter with a longer input? What has happened is that the bolts from trans to motor got loose and the torgue converter bolts got loose. Ya Ya I know use lock tight, and the torgue converter sliped over the pump gear and pressed it into the pump body. I guess it also got caught on top of the pump gear tangs also. Do I have enough of contact on my pump gear with the motor a good 3/16 away from the trans?

kid rok said:
Cole, if your looking at the steering pump mounting bracket I have an easy solution. I mounted mine on the stock bracket where the OEM pump is mounted. Mine almost looks like it was made to go there by the factory. I have my motor out and can snap a few pics if you like. I am running the howe pump.

Yeah some pics would be great.

ry%3D480.jpg

This pic shows the original hole of the stock steering pump. I used it as a reference hole. I grindeddede down the nub on the backside till it was flush with the bracket casing. I then rotated the pump around cutting out any material needed until I could get the other two holes to a solid piece to drill. Then I marked the holes on the pump and drilled them out and wahla done. As you can see the front side of the pump is tight against the bracket and lines up great with the pulleys. Plus your able to mount the pump low so you have more flexability on your reservoir mounting.

ry%3D480.jpg

ry%3D480.jpg

ry%3D480.jpg

kid rok said:
ry%3D320.jpg

I'm running these mid mount brackets between my motor and trans. Do I need a different torgue converter with a longer input? What has happened is that the bolts from trans to motor got loose and the torgue converter bolts got loose. Ya Ya I know use lock tight, and the torgue converter sliped over the pump gear and pressed it into the pump body. I guess it also got caught on top of the pump gear tangs also. Do I have enough of contact on my pump gear with the motor a good 3/16 away from the trans?

Are you using a spacer between the TC and flexplate or flexplate and the crank?

hey brad, i think you could get alot more out of that pump w/ a different belt if you routed it like this....

ry3D480.jpg

draggbody said:
hey brad, i think you could get alot more out of that pump w/ a different belt if you routed it like this....

ry3D480.jpg

Would that not change the direction things turn?

Are you using a spacer between the TC and flexplate or flexplate and the crank?

Neither,, I asked when I was setting it up and the concensususese was it would be fine. I checked with JW Performance and they recommend spacers between the torgue converter and fly wheel. I went ahead and flipped the pump gear and modified the converter to fit. JW Performance likes 1/8" clearance between the flywheel and the torgue converter when its all the way in the pump. The next time I pull my engine I am going to replace it with a torgue converter thats setup for the right spacing.

I'll check it out. my original belt is a cheeeeeep one so I'm sure it will need some attention soon.

On a positive note my ****** rigging on my pump and converter is holding up. The mail man even stopped to see some donuts in the street.