• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra Bouncer

Re: Re: Re: Ultra Bouncer

Blase said:
BADASS. "ultra bouncer"

The look is his own as most TC buggies are. Not my style but certainly different and that's ok. I really like the fact that it's a single seater and rear engine. TC always changing and trying something new which is why I can't wait to see his new buggies!!!

Couple of questions?

With the rear engine and what appears to be the same axles from the last buggy does the SCS case correct the direction for the rear engine? Most flip the axles to correct for the rear engine so i'm just guessing the t-case does it in this buggy.

As mentioned above is there any concern with getting out in case of a roll that blocks the drivers window? I'm not hating just thinking worse case. with all the fires and such lately it's something I look at a lot harder than I used to.

Maybe thats how it ended up being a rear engine buggy molaugh

Just kiddin

Based on what I saw when I was out there, the axles are the exact same ones from Game Changer, but the front is in the rear, and the rear is in the front. The t-case has a counter rotation box on it. Not sure how the box works, but evidently it takes care of that.

I imagine they got the shocks dialed in today so prob not to bad (for a young skinny guy anyway) lol. looks pretty damn balanced also, for all those so worried

I really think this thing is just gunaa wheel stand like crazy u can see clear as day how light and spurilly the front is

He's done it all in forward maybe he built this one so he can make it mor challenging and do everything in reverse....lol

Re: Re: Ultra Bouncer

Yea, but does it have a/c? :flipoff:

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing get beaten on. If anything, it will make for a good show. Might even attract new spectators. Hell, you can hear it from two countys away!

scottlang said:
I imagine they got the shocks dialed in today so prob not to bad (for a young skinny guy anyway) lol. looks pretty damn balanced also, for all those so worried

It musta been after that vid, cause those things are terrible right now. Hope he does get them tuned.

kmcminn said:
Serious question, what makes them terrible?

On nearly flat ground the front looks like a basketball being dribbled. watch the car, with a peripheral on the axle. that car should ride flat like its on pavement over much rougher conditions.

And considering how heavy this car is vs. the axles/tires/wheels. this chassis should be able to manhandle the unsprung and it doesnt its bouncing its ass everywhich way.

watch the 1st :45 seconds and look squarely at the tops of the front shock towers. focus right there for :45 seconds.

See what I'm saying yet? Should be floating like a hovercraft over such near flat terrain.

Now at the jump at :50ish. Watch what the front does after it impacts the ground the 1st time. Bounces like a :afro: on a pogo stick. Go watch a monster truck and it will have less bounce than that with MUCH more sidewall.

UltraBouncer is set up EXTREMELY stiff with very dampening, and about the same rebound.

Now watch this BJ Baldwin vid. Mute it. Just watch the truck once, focus on the hood or top of the wheelwell. Now watch the same spot but allow your vision to recognize in the peripheral the wheel/tire movement. now watch just the tires. After a huge in the air landing the front tires will not leave the ground on the rebound.
That is a very sorted out suspension. I know there are much better videos out there, but a quick search this one had all the example points want you guys to see in it.

Watch, then go back and rewatch the Ultra Bouncer vid. The is no reason Timmay cant get his dampening and rebound tuned to work.

BJ Baldwin - Ready For WAR?

Found some OLD but good from Plaster City of Andy Mac tuning his shocks.
http://youtu.be/gVNL9LIte_A?t=1m29s