• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra Bouncer

InDaShop said:
On nearly flat ground the front looks like a basketball being dribbled. watch the car, with a peripheral on the axle. that car should ride flat like its on pavement over much rougher conditions.

And considering how heavy this car is vs. the axles/tires/wheels. this chassis should be able to manhandle the unsprung and it doesnt its bouncing its ass everywhich way.

He doesn't want it that soft because of side hilling. Also he made some full on passes in the gas and its is smooth. The video doesn't show it that well. TC was stoked with how well they performed and the changes that were made to them.

Cole said:
He doesn't want it that soft because of side hilling. Also he made some full on passes in the gas and its is smooth. The video doesn't show it that well. TC was stoked with how well they performed and the changes that were made to them.
The stiffness is coming from the coil carriers thats fine, the rebound and dampening should be tuned out with that bypass. Right now the bypasses look to be passive, I.E, not doing anything.

I dont know **** about how to tune, just know what I've seen or riden in and how it worked. I can definitely see why he wants it stiffer, thats understood.

The video Is a progression of what we did during the day and ultimately I must make a spring change in the front and come back to it. The first of the video is baseline settings which were changed dramatically after many more passes. We literally spend about an hour on tuning and Timmie wanted to test the vehicle as a whole he was very satisfied/excited, but I believe much more can be obtained.

I Have spent Many hours working with both the Fox and Bilstein factory teams in the desert setting with everything from 1700 to class1 trying to learn and be an wrench getter while racing V2r Baja exc.... I'm not an expert by there standards, but am very comfortable with anyform of offroad shock. The big difference with tuning on Timmie's rig was controlling rebound and unsprung weight which is approx half the weight of this vehicle :eek:. the other half is Timmie's driving style which is more monster jam than ultra 4 how you can step in a rig and be instantly comfortable blows my mind.
More videos are coming as well as another scheduled tuning session.

Ultimately final tuning is up to the driver and where he feels most comfortable, I welcome any questions/ comments
Jimmy

EOR for the win go watch my early videos ones with tsl's and then watch newer ones with sx's the rear shocks were tuned and made a world of difference! :****:
Good job Timmie!

al1tonyota said:
EOR for the win go watch my early videos ones with tsl's and then watch newer ones with sx's the rear shocks were tuned and made a world of difference! :****:
Good job Timmie!

Who are you? :dunno:

:flipoff1:

To each is own but I like it. Something completely different. I'm sure there will be many copycats once he lets it loose in the free world. Lol

InDaShop said:
The stiffness is coming from the coil carriers thats fine, the rebound and dampening should be tuned out with that bypass. Right now the bypasses look to be passive, I.E, not doing anything.

I dont know **** about how to tune, just know what I've seen or riden in and how it worked. I can definitely see why he wants it stiffer, thats understood.
for someone that dont know **** you run your mouth like you do :gtfo:

I think he went to the rear engine because of how the rail buggys climb. :****: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Loved the break in video at summer town cant wait to see and hear this thing in real life. Was very surprised not to see a roll over but looking forward to TC punishment

Bj baldwin drives on flat ground, that needs a lot different setup. this is the best suspension tune I've seen on any of tc's rigs. way to go timmie.

traveler said:
for someone that dont know **** you run your mouth like you do :gtfo:
Do not mistake Wyatt's humble attitude for not knowing ****. He knows way more than he is letting on. I have seen some suspension tuning and spent hours in the desert tuning my old car with the guys from King Shocks. There is a lot to tuning a suspension and it takes a huge amount of time to dial one in. Do not be blinded, it will take more than an hour to get it right. But like said above, a lot of it is what feels comfortable to the guy behind the wheel. But also it is the attitude of the car and how it reacts to the conditions. A good tuner will watch your car make passes and make adjustments from there, they put more emphasis on visual than what the driver says. I know from my experiences before I could tell them what I was feeling in the seat he would tell me what I was about to say.

kevin f said:
I think he went to the rear engine because of how the rail buggys climb. :****: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Ats Right!!!!!! If he had independent front and rear he'd really be doing something different!!!
Bad A$$ Buggy TC!!! :dblthumb: