• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra Bouncer

My understanding of bypass shocks is completely off then. I could of swore that a normal coilover has one damping rate in the compression and one in the rebound direction. I also thought they were linear throughout the stroke length. It was my understanding that bypasses are progressive and the number of bypass tubes determined how many different stages of compression and rebound there was. Guess i had it all wrong though. :dunno:

jmh78 said:
My understanding of bypass shocks is completely off then. I could of swore that a normal coilover has one damping rate in the compression and one in the rebound direction. I also thought they were linear throughout the stroke length. It was my understanding that bypasses are progressive and the number of bypass tubes determined how many different stages of compression and rebound there was. Guess i had it all wrong though. :dunno:

this is true as well. i didnt intend to delve so deep into the function and operation of the bypasses. this will probably explain better than i can.
http://www.ricorshocks.com/technology.php?action=bypass

Re: Re: Re: Ultra Bouncer

patooyee said:
The tech is just as interesting to me as watching the videos. I would enjoy knowing just as I enjoy knowing things about other stuff that I don't have. Monster trucks, race cars, world peace, the cure for cancer all interest me. So maybe the world is better off without any of them since I don't have them?

Exactly.

Sent from Cabo San Lucas !

rockwhore said:
i would like to see some videos of "normal" bad ass buggies hitting the same hills. just for comparison. hard to appreciate the climbs in this video.lol
:****:

Cole posted some on facebook of one of the owners hitting those hills in his "normal" buggy.

redneckengineered said:
What are the specs on the squealing belt? I want one for my next build :flipoff1:

That is a secret, he seems to have it on all his builds though. It must just be more badass than any of us realize. :)

patooyee said:
That is a secret, he seems to have it on all his builds though. It must just be more badass than any of us realize. :)

adds 100 ear piercing horse power from what I hear :****: :driving:

redneckengineered said:
What are the specs on the squealing belt? I want one for my next build :flipoff1:
Ha! Been wondering the same thing. Did not want to ask, did not want to cause a nutswinger riot.

I believe I had seen in posts in the past it was because he hard mounts the alternator. There is no adjustment for tightness.

Not 100% sure on that though.

muddinmetal said:
Pm Tim :****:
If I wanted to bother him, I'd just text him haha. I'd imagine he has a bunch of people sending him messages all the time though, so I tend to leave people alone. He told me the ratio before, but I have forgotten.

musselman said:
I would also love to know the t- case and axle ratio on these rigs!!! It helps other folks decide on what's right for their build!

5 people can ask him that question and there will be 5 different answers. :****: