• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

King Knob - July 5-7 West Virginia

Southern Rock Racing

We spent 3 days up there in West Virginia with AJ, scouting out this 1300 acre off-road park. They have a great place to hold an event, and the grand opening will be July 5-7 2013. This place has room for everything, we will have several of the superstars from SRRS up here showing West Virginia what Rock Bouncing is all about! The terrain up here is very similar to that at Flat Nasty, they have lots of fields at the bottom of nasty hills, and easy trail access to the entire park. They have 20-25 good trails already, and we picked out dozens of new hills that will be ready by then. They have a 100 foot wide drag strip up hill with 3 terraces that will be awesome to see the buggies race on! This is NOT a series race, more of an event to enjoy a new park and do some trail riding.
We will have several Mega Trucks on tractor tires here, 20+ woods buggies, and at least 10 of the best Rock Bouncers around.
We will have a drag race for the MegaTrucks, a Hill and a Hole, and a Bog Pit to see what these Tractor Tire trucks can do.
UTV/SXS events will also be held, up hill drags and woods/Rally course, Deep mud pits, and enough trail riding to keep you busy all weekend.
The owners of this park have bought several tube chassis rigs and they are serious about making this park one of the best around. AJ has the Smith built Situation buggy and he has already found a hill or two he can't climb in it.
This is short notice and also on a holiday weekend, but we don't want to step on any other events, or cause people to have to choose where to go.
We will be posting more updates and details in the next few days.
If you have any questions, or concerns you can call us @ (321) 345-RACE

download-3_zps9ca71b0a.png

IMG_20130521_122351_319_zps363ae1db.jpg

IMG_20130521_095854_882_zps8ebff2be.jpg

They are building a really nice lodge on this hill and will have several small cabins built by this time next year.

IMG_20130521_095625_206_zps759195c7.jpg

The pics of the hills are hard to tell much about because of all the green foliage, but it will all be cleared out by then. I will be back up her in a few weeks to get some better pics of the hills and get everything set up for event.

Re: New park in West Virginia - King Knob July 5-7

IMO that hill has death written all over it :****:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard to tell from pics but what if someone got crossed up at the top? Doesn't look like there is anything to stop them if they start rolling? :dunno: and would be a long way to the bottom flipping

Just don't wanna see anyone get hurt! :dblthumb:

B.DRAKE said:
IMO that hill has death written all over it :****:

Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard to tell from pics but what if someone got crossed up at the top? Doesn't look like there is anything to stop them if they start rolling? :dunno: and would be a long way to the bottom flipping

Just don't wanna see anyone get hurt! :dblthumb:

it is nasty for sure, and its a possible bounty hill, not for sure. the top will pushed down so it will be a little better than what the pics show.
the shelf thats half way up is wide enough to drive a dump truck on, so its not as bad as it looks, they have already been climbing it up to that shelf.

FroggF350 said:
it is nasty for sure, and its a possible bounty hill, not for sure. the top will pushed down so it will be a little better than what the pics show.
the shelf thats half way up is wide enough to drive a dump truck on, so its not as bad as it looks, they have already been climbing it up to that shelf.

Ah ok it's hard to tell from pics just voicing my opinion and it ain't worth much :****:

B.DRAKE said:
Ah ok it's hard to tell from pics just voicing my opinion and it ain't worth much :****:

Agreed.... :flipoff1:

This is a good halfway point or me in NY with a lot of you down there , I will try to ad
This to the calendar!

Looks good. Only 3 hours for us few that are in NW PA... Good to see some action coming up this way. There are a few needles in the hay stack up this way.

Will be at King Knob all weekend blazing new trails if anyone is close enough come by and check it out.

I put in for some vacation days Friday at work, I have 4th to the 8th off of July so as of now we will be heading down wed. Night and stay till sunday or Monday and have at least 3 buggies and jeeps with 44" tires....I am trying to talk a few more in to coming as well, I'm finishing a new buggy up now ( maybe debute it here on the 4th) it'll be cool seeing all the smith buggies together, mine is old but still a lot of fun, this place sounds great and we are looking forward to a nice long weekend of partying and wheelin

sledneck said:
Looks good. Only 3 hours for us few that are in NW PA... Good to see some action coming up this way. There are a few needles in the hay stack up this way.
What is your exact location? I am from Dubois, PA and will be heading down that weekend also.

Latest posts