• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Important Message from John Glass - owner of The Great American Park (GAP)

dragr1

Great American Park

Riders, Racers, Crawlers, Mud Riders and Spectators,

This message is to all who have made the Great American Park a great success throughout the last three years. There has been so many great moments of fun and recreation. We have all experienced the thrill of seeing, hearing, and even feeling mud trucks powering through the mud with blasting horsepower and awesome mud tires. We have even seen the rookies force their stock vehicles in the mud. I hope no one's Mama found out where they had been! UTVs and 4 wheelers have rolled through the park with fancy colors and sporty wheels. They have played so hard in the pits and on the trails that the only color visible in the mud was the whites of their eyes.
Then the exciting part that even runs a thrill up a spectators spine - to see a rock rig maximize it's ability throttling up "Marc's Wall". And my favorite was when "Andretti Hill" was conquered for the first time. Foremost is to see the "Ledge of Faith" surrounded by spectators on their tip toes watching those rigs smoke'n rubber on the face of the Ledge. We can go on and on about more exciting moments in the Park. Don't forget those great ECORS races year after year and then the Auburn University ROTC Amphibious Mud Runs. Also the addition this year of, "WEROCK" Dirt Riot racing.

The park was constructed to meet the needs of all the offroad riders. I have received great advice from all types of riders about what they like and dislike. I thank all who have played a part in creating the stuff at the park. It deeply breaks my heart to announce this next message. The Great American Park will be positioned for sale after this year's "Rockfest" event. This will be the last event controlled by the current staff of the Park. I will be moving to a new work location that is not convenient for me to continue to operate the park. I hope that everyone has had a memorable experience at the GAP. If you have not been to the park, then maybe you will be able to make this year's grand finale at "ROCKFEST

That saddens me to hear. I haven't made it down, but have followed the progress via the interwebs. I doubt there will be a park with half as energetic staff as to the needs and wants of the consumers. Good luck with the new work location and pray for a new owner with a problem with not bettering the previous owner.

If you cannot make Rockfest, the park is also open on June 15 for the day

I sure hate to hear this john but I understand ,thanks for a awesome place to ride and race and for being a awesome park owner, I wish you and your family lots of good luck and again thanks it's been a blessing to have met you and your family.

WELL CRAP!!!,,,,HATE to hear this news John,,,you went ABOVE and BEYOND to create this AWESOME playground / race facillity for us :dblthumb: ,,,,HOPE it does not go away........

We will try & make the ride as bittersweet as it may be.......

Julio and Scott Lang-we are bringing back the band that played at Rockfest 2 years ago when yall were there!

Sad day for sure.
I remember the first time we drive back to the back of the property. And now look at it. I'm in awe if John Glass and the things he's made. Sad to see it close.

Every rock in that park was PLACED there... That by itself is amazing. Give a man some tools, and he'll build it.
THANK YOU JOHN.

Re: Re: Important Message from John Glass - owner of The Great American Park (GAP)

Saw this on Facebook, sad news. The amount of work put into that place to make it a top notch facility for our sport and John's drive and passion to fulfill the customers (ours) needs is overwhelming. Hopefully I'll be able to make the Rockfest event and let it go out in style. Last year's Rockfest was a blast. Although I only met him a couple times, it always seemed like Mr. Glass never met a stranger. Best of luck to you and your family's future endeavors, my friend.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2