• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats Your Favorite Local Mom and Pop Diners?

kmcminn

I'm not much of a welder but I'm a hell of a grind
My job takes me all around the lower 2/3s of the Alabama. In the few years I have been traveling I have found some great diners. I try not to go to chains or big name places much during the week. I prefer to support the little man. Here a few that I have found. Maybe you guys can add to the list and I can try them out!

Roanoke AL
Jon Boys. Its a small bbq, hamburger joint. My favorite thing they serve are these massive homemade chicken fingers. It is inside an old garage that has been renovated. Roanoke is in Randolph County.

Ashford AL
Broadway Diner, must try their Broadway Burger. This place is in downtown Ashford about 20 minutes East of Dothan. Better get here by 11:00am or your liables not to be able to find a seat.

Corner AL
Campbells Field. This place is straight out of the sixties. It is right across the street from an old grass landing strip. They have great hand patted burgers and plate lunches. Located about 30 minutes North of Birmingham.

Mr. P's in bluff park/Hoover. Great deli type sandwiches and they have bags of wood for your smoker, rubs, sauces, beers, etc.

Tin Roof or Tin top BBQ just south of Calera on hwy 31. It's pretty much a hole in the wall, but the BBQ there is awesome in my opinion.

Fat mans BBQ in Pell City on Hwy 231

The greasy spoon in Lowndesboro at the intersection of Hwy 80 & 97

Cajun Corner in Eufala

X3 on Joels in Trussville

Sarris on 31st St N in Birmingham

the cedar house cafe on highway 79 in tarrant city thumb.gif

the pit bbq on 10th ave north and 27th street :dblthumb:

Bea,s in Chattanooga , TN

The original Dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa, AL

Cattleman's in Texarkana, Arkansas

Guy,s Steakhouse in Lolo, Montana

And I'm sure there's more I've been to through out the country I've been to but these four stand out in my mind

85toyo said:

I believed this to be true and none better until Barbque Junction opened up on 280 in Chelsea not long ago. They serve a Loco triple that has yet to be conquered and comes with a free stint and courtesy 911 call. molaugh. They also have the best smoked wings and fries. :eat: Bernie's on the Main in columbiana is awesome as well.

85toyo said:

Fat Man's is 30 seconds from my house. Good food for sure. Next door is a small hole in the wall bar and diner. We go there every other Friday night Good food and funny atmosphere. ;)

Re: Re: Whats Your Favorite Local Mom and Pop Diners?

Bleachers in Franklin, TN. Everything I've had there is incredible. I could go for some of their steak n rolls right about now.

Also, bimbos in Dayton, TN. Anytime we go to werock Dayton we eat there. Open 24/7. Gotta buy a t shirt when you go.

TacomaJD said:
Babes in Attalla..... ;D

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

molaugh molaugh

Your experience with Babes must have been better than mine. I wouldn't recommend that place to a blind man. :****:

Naw man, it's great...he should try it out ;D

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

BamaReno said:
the cedar house cafe on highway 79 in tarrant city thumb.gif

the pit bbq on 10th ave north and 27th street :dblthumb:

X2 on The Pit! Best bbq I've ever had imo and I've ate bbq all over the country. They've also got awesome burgers and they're breakfast is really good too, especially the bacon egg and cheese on texas toast.

Top Hat bbq in Blount Springs, AL but not for the bbq. They have one of the best burgers and they have the BEST catfish filets.

Pine Level, AL-Tin Top Café and the Hamburger King concession trailer in the Sikes and Kohn parking lot

Ramer, AL-Red's Old School House

Montgomery, AL-Peytons Place and The Down the Street Café

Centreville, AL-Twix and Tween Bar BQ