• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who has cut the cable?

Football season is upon us. My wife wants to make certain we get all the channels that covers all the games for the University of Alabama. I think the sports pack on Sling covers most of it......What else am I am missing?

lowbudgetjunk said:
Football season is upon us. My wife wants to make certain we get all the channels that covers all the games for the University of Alabama. I think the sports pack on Sling covers most of it......What else am I am missing?

Sling and digital antenna covered every single game for AL and GA last year for us.

patooyee said:
Sling and digital antenna covered every single game for AL and GA last year for us.

Thank you sir. I didn't realize you watched UA play. I figured AU was more your speed :stir:

I am going on the search for a good antenna. Gotta figure out how high a pole I'm gonna need and get on it.

Re: Re: Who has cut the cable?

lowbudgetjunk said:
Thank you sir. I didn't realize you watched UA play. I figured AU was more your speed :stir:

I am going on the search for a good antenna. Gotta figure out how high a pole I'm gonna need and get on it.
My wife is the Alabama fan.

You don't need a pole. I posted a link to the antenna I mounted in my attic. It works phenomenally well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Re:

karatejosh said:
Exodus is these best on kodi right now I think the lambda guys are letting genissus die I think salts is good 1 chanel is ok I did find that the fire tv is way better and also not using a biuld with a million things on it helps I had the beast for a wile but it constantly updated so now I just use the wizard and load only the ones I use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Slight update on Kodi.

I wiped Kodi off of my Firestick and installed SPMC and a local build. It works great. The only thing it lacks now is processing power. Thinking about ordering a Rasberry Pii.

So I did this Fire Stick / Jailbreak / Kodi thing.......after 2 days I'm liking it. I'm also using a free month of Hulu. I like Hulu better than the Netflix I tried earlier.....but this Kodi thing seems to have it all. Looking forward to cutting everything and saving 130$ a month. I also have Amazon Prime.

I'm finding most of the stuff I "convenience watch" is on the Air channels. Maury.....Jerry Springer....Judge Judy.....

Anybody using Apple TV? I just got it and so far I like it. So far I have ended up using the mirroring from my phone a lot. Just seems easier for me to navagate on my phone and then put what I want to watch on the tv.

Comcast app won't mirror to tv but so far Amazon and Netflix are good to go.

Bringing this back from the dead.

I have been considering getting rid of cable, but keeping the wifi. Since College Football season is upon us, I have been looking into Sling with the Sports Package add-on so I can keep SEC Network etc. how's everyone liking the Sling or is there a better option to retain SEC Network etc?

Re:

Nope. Sling, Netflix and some other free programs. I also use an antenna.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yep. We're going on almost 5 years of Netflix, Hulu and antenna. Only reason we might change is the boy has been asking for the speed channel. Who am I to tell him "no" whenever he's wanting to educate himself?

Still rocking a cut to the bone 40$ Direct TV bill, antenna and the Kodi Stick.

The antenna is nice when the storms hit and knock Direct out and Kodi / Amazon stick is nice when you want to watch something that pops in your head.

Recently got reminded of a good horror flick I wanted to re-watch. The Hitcher(remake not original). Click, click, search, HITCHER, hit enter. watching moving.

Kodi's also good for TV shows. I usually catch up on Bar Rescue and Street Outlaws episodes when I get off work. I can't stay up past 10pm and watch them when they first come on. I'm old and goto work early.

Kodi is still holding strong at keeping me out of the movie theatres. Unless it's a movie I just WANT to see, i'll goto the theatre / get raped on 14 dollar tickets if really wanna see it. Usually the bootleg copies of things I'd "like" or might want to see are pretty good. Some of the Korean subtitles are ****ing annoying or the screen is chopped 30% off on a given side though.

I think I watched that CARS 3 on Kodi a couple days after it hit the theaters. Picture was good, sound had a little bit of a bathroom echo though. Was watchable.

I still hit the roof when I see the wife buying DVD's of movies. WTF are you BUYING this ****....WE GET IT FREE!!! "I just wanted to be able to watch it when I wanted to" WTF DO YOU THINK THIS IS

Re: Re: Who has cut the cable?

The Luke said:
Yep. We're going on almost 5 years of Netflix, Hulu and antenna. Only reason we might change is the boy has been asking for the speed channel. Who am I to tell him "no" whenever he's wanting to educate himself?
Hate to tell ya, but Speed died 4 yrs ago. Velocity might be the best shot at watching decent car shows, these days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MAV TV is kinda a Craigslist version of a sports channel. It's not HD, at least on my version and looks like it was recorded with a camera from 1998.

Watching motocross on MAV then flipping back to like CBS or VELOCITY or SPIKE......it really exploits the benefits of HD. The track looks like pixelated multicolor brown on MAV. The other channels you can count the rocks in the dirt.