• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TWF hero case

bee513

Purdygirl_zps006425d0.jpg
[/URL]/img]

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...r-case.html[ this case looks pretty sweet!!!

But if this case is going to be as high as they made out. Why not go with a straight drive?

gear selection, gear ratio, size , weight , output offset on straight drive not very good unless running rear steer

Elliott said:
But if this case is going to be as high as they made out. Why not go with a straight drive?

A lot of people want to be able to run High Side and you can't do that with a straight drive case.

In one of the threads on pirate I remember Todd from TWF saying one of these was going in TC's new buggy?

Are the outputs on the same side or like a normal case?Looks like they are offset in the picture. Very clean looking case.

Just guessing, but that looks like the back side of a driver drop case. To go along with driver drop 14b!

it kinda looks like bolt pattern on both sides are the same maybe you will be able to order it either way offset or outputs in line

bee513 said:
it kinda looks like bolt pattern on both sides are the same

People keep saying that, but they don't look the same at all to me. The output at the case in that pic looks distinctly bigger than pattern on the other side of the case to me. Am I blind or something?

patooyee said:
People keep saying that, but they don't look the same at all to me. The output at the case in that pic looks distinctly bigger than pattern on the other side of the case to me. Am I blind or something?

I agree with you Patooyee. The output looks bigger and it looks closer too the edge on the case too.

patooyee said:

I'm with you on this. Distinctly bigger. Like....way distinctly bigger.

Todd at TWF set out on a mission w/ this case and I think he's going to succeed. Just going to be a shame that the Atlas is going to be the new "affordable" aftermarket t-case from the sounds of it. I don't think this price point is going to be within reach of a regular old rec wheeler.

Is the normal rec wheeler destroying Atlas's? I wouldnt think so.
I think of this like, the normal guy is ecstatic to run a 6.0l and have more than enough on tap. But there are cars & drivers that need 700+ HP to get done what they came to get done. Thats what this case is for.

So 6.0l couple grand vs. a $20k race motor, I dont see where the normal rec wheeler would ever even want or consider this case.

InDaShop said:
Is the normal rec wheeler destroying Atlas's? I wouldnt think so.
I think of this like, the normal guy is ecstatic to run a 6.0l and have more than enough on tap. But there are cars & drivers that need 700+ HP to get done what they came to get done. Thats what this case is for.

So 6.0l couple grand vs. a $20k race motor, I dont see where the normal rec wheeler would ever even want or consider this case.

10 years ago 6.0 power to the "average" wheeler was insanely too much power and nothing would hold up to it. If there is one thing I've learned about this sport it is never to underestimate peoples' propensity to spend unimaginable amounts of money on toys.

patooyee said:
10 years ago 6.0 power to the "average" wheeler was insanely too much power and nothing would hold up to it. If there is one thing I've learned about this sport it is never to underestimate peoples' propensity to spend unimaginable amounts of money on toys.

**** You JJ!
I resemble that remark :flipoff1:

You are right, so right! That all said, I'll eat crow though the day that Joe Average trail wheeler HP # is on average above 500hp.

InDaShop said:
**** You JJ!
I resemble that remark :flipoff1:

You are right, so right! That all said, I'll eat crow though the day that Joe Average trail wheeler HP # is on average above 500hp.

I spent way too damn much money on my ****, so I resemble the remark, too. :)

If I had the time to build another and could get what mine was worth out of it, I would sell it and my tow rig right now, build a little Hyabusa thingy like that green one, and rock out towing it with my 1/2-ton and put the rest of the money into my daughter's college fund. While I don't have any debt, spending this much on a toy was still a mistake.

Yet there are others who continually outspend me on an exponential basis and its only getting worse!

I agree that right now there is probably little to no need for the average Joe to have a TWF case though. Hell, I think a lot of the 1%'s issues could be solved with an NP205 and a Titan output.

patooyee said:
I spent way too damn much money on my ****, so I resemble the remark, too. :)

If I had the time to build another and could get what mine was worth out of it, I would sell it and my tow rig right now, build a little Hyabusa thingy like that green one, and rock out towing it with my 1/2-ton and put the rest of the money into my daughter's college fund. While I don't have any debt, spending this much on a toy was still a mistake.

Amen, just as much fun to be had with a cheaper rig

I know at least 5-10 rec wheelers who will have this case once it is available to everyone and yes they know it will be super expensive.

Latest posts