• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stony Lonesome must see trail list

L

lowbudgetjunk

I am going to start this list as a guide for those do it your selfers that are too proud to ask, but really want to hit the high points.

Mind you, this particular list is for fully caged rigs, locked at both ends with minimum 38 inch tires. Some of these can be bypassed and for most of us, just ridden by and looked at. The list doesn't Include every trail, just enough to get you started.

As you enter the park, take the first left. You will want to go up Timbukone, take left, go up Hello Kitty, take a right and come back down the next trail you come to (timbuktwo). The top of Timbuktwo is a little hard to see, but it isn't 100 yards from the top of Hello Kitty. At the bottom of Timbuktwo, take a right and head past Hello Kitty to Switchback. Take a right at the top and take the left followed by a quick right onto Valley Trail. Part way down Valley Hill, you'll come to Powder Puff off to the left. Go to the top of Powder Puff and take a right. Go down to, the last or next to last trail and take a right. The next to last ( Gut Buster) is easier to go down.

At the bottom of Gut Buster, take a right and look up and to the right. Vendetta, 4.2 40 and Crawl Mama. The first two are dangerous, the third (crawl mama) should be able to be climbed by RZR guys that have big balls. As you leave this area take a left and look left. Three Kings is an area we drag race to the top. Three lanes can go at once. From the bottom of Three Kings, keep going away from the trails you've already passed and take a left onto the main trail.

As you take left, stay left at the bottom of the main trail. Go .25 miles give or take and take a left on 418, then a quick right onto 418B. Follow this down to Gods Gift. There is a pretty easy crawl to the top and a nice 4 foot ledge off to the right. Come back down Gods Gift and stay to the right. This trail will take you back to 418. Take a right onto 418, left on 415, a left onto 414, then another left at the caution tape and a right onto Rock Creek. Part way up Rock Creek is Better Not off to the left. It looks steep, but RZR 900 and 1k's have already been to the top. As you finish Rock Creek, take a left back onto 414. From here, take a left onto the main trail, take a left at the fork and then a right onto 412. On 412 look up and to the right to hit Woopow. As you continue down 412, Out of Breathe will be to the left. Continuing on 412 the unnamed CAOS trail is on the right. Take a right at the top of it and another right back onto the main trail. Continue back to 407 and take a left. Turkey trail will be on your right. The little garden of rocks is the only decent part in my mind. Continue on 407 and stop at Ex wife to the left and Square Peg, Round Hole on the right.

If you have made it this far and you are unimpressed then :flipgotcha: if not, I saved the best for last. Follow 407 back around until it meets back up with the main trail. Take a left and head back towards the exit. On the right, .3 of a mile down is Bounce Em If you Got Em (created by God, named by Mr. Hagan). Take a right just past the greenfield and then a right at the Y. Stop and eat if you are hungry and then put your big boy pants on and look up and left. The first trail should be crawled/bounced first and then take the immediate right and come down the bypass. At the bottom go ten yards and take another left. This hill has multiple ways up and using the bypass from one trail earlier to get back down.

A group of 5 or more buggies shouldn't be able to do this path in one day. If you run solo, and go fast, it might be possible to finish but I doubt anyone would really have a good time doing this.

I will be updating this before the 28th with new trail names and other possible routes for everyday crawlers, stock vehicles/unmodified RZRs and one for Modified SXS's.

This is the old map of this place. It is helpful to get your bearing, but it isn't the bible. Use it to get yourself back to where you want to be.

http://www.stonylonesomeohv.us/assets/PDFs/map.pdf

Update as of 6/21/2016

Times have changed and so have the trails. I am going to try and classify some of these trails and give a better description of them. Might toss in a few videos as well.

Hills by proximity. As in...these hills are close to each other by grouping.

Youtube - Please don't even get on this one if you aren't fully caged and prepared to use a winch.
Dog Leg - Long loose climb with a ledge at the top. Full toob only please.
Rock Star - Rear Steer or fully committed buggy. Climbed once. I repeat, it has only been climbed once.
Happy Ending - Steep climb. Doable with front and rear lockers. Ending is good, but not how the trail got its name. Cage recommended, but not 100% required.
Sledge Hamma - Eddyj is 1 for 2 on this one. Entry is steep and loose. Good obstacle at the top. Full cage and lockers required.
The unnamed trail one to the left of Sledge Hamma - Lockers required, cage recommended.

Timbukone - Multiple line, Rock Garden. Bypass in two different spots. From level one up to a level 3-4. Possible 5 when wet. Changes every time I go.
Timbutwo - This is where I get the asshole award. i used to tell people to take it. Now, I tell them not to. Ending is brutal. Locked and loaded or don't try.
Hello Kitty - Two lines. Hard and harder. Lockers required at both ends. Tube chassis or cage at minimum. Winching is a probability.
Terrace Hilton - Loose, steep climb. On a dry day, should be good for all to play on. Wet, put on your big girl panties and sling some mud.
Switch Back - As the name implies, it goes back and forth. Fairly steep, loose hill. Lockers in the wet. In the dry, is possible to climb open. Be committed.
Bills Hill - Another loose climb.

Square Peg, Round Hole - Good rock climb. One locker needed, body damage on the first tree is a possibility.
Ex-Wife - Short rock hill up to a a bowl ledge. Two lockers, a little horsepower and you should be good.
Bobby's World - Loose dirt and rock. Open diffs is still possible to climb if you are committed.
409C - Took out Kush and Zukimaster back to back. Medium steepness, lockers, cage, rocks, get some.
Terminus - Loose dirt, I think. Haven't been up it, but its right there close.

Rock Creek - In the dry it can be crawled on 33's with open diffs. In the wet, I have see people struggle on 40's and locked. No where to fall down, it is in a creek. Body damage possible.
Better Not - Hill Killer. Names there for a reason. I have seen one VW go up it and a RZR 1000. Besides that, no one I know has been up it.
Unnamed trails off of Rock Creek - Two or three options to the left before you leave. Changing daily.

418 B - This is the main trail that takes you to all of the others
Widow Maker - Three lines. Far left requires lockers, right is the kinda bypass, far right is the bonus line. Lockers and cage required.
Gods Gift - Medium steepness, rocks galore. At least one locker in the dry.
Stairway to Heaven - Multiple Rock Ledges. Lockers....sticky tires to make it super simple.
Bootleg Creek - Off Camber, sprang twister. Good trail with one locker.
Multiple lines off to the right before you leave.
One little Monkey - Short little dirt hill climb to the rocks. HP required in the wet. Open diffs in the dry.

Trails off of 406
Oh Shunt - Sits in the middle of the trail. Bypass is starting to become part of the obstacle. At least one locker or a super skilled driver.
Lunchtime - Long medium climb. Some rock showing up. Bonus line at the end requires HP.
Tail Hook - Wheelbase, Sticky's or commitment. Good possibility that you will roll over.
One to the right of Tail Hook - Similar to Tailhook with a little less chance of rollover.

Yella Hammer - Originally cut by CAOS. Good little rock climb with a great ending. One locker recommended.
Outa Breath - Loose dirt climb to the top.
Whoopow - Balls and Horsepower

Re: Stoney Lonesome must see trail list

What is that tight switchback trail just below the number 9 on the map?

That is the single track.....or as I like to say, the best place to get lost. They open it up once every month or two at night to let everyone besides the motorcycle riders to play.

The bonus is the cell phone tower at the end. It looks back over the park where you can see everyone else's lights that are on the lower trails in the park.

um.....ya sounds easy :wtflol: how are we supposed to remember that lol. how bout a GPS route :dblthumb:, just bustin balls, defiantly sounds like an all day trip, and I will remember this when I finally make it to this park

Stoney Lonesome must see trail list

I'm going to pre run this and condense it down a bit to be a more manageable trip. I wanted a little bit of a wow factor from what it used to be, to what it is now.

I will also have the word directions printed out with a copy of the map at the clubhouse in the park. thumb.gif

lowbudgetjunk said:
If you have made it this far and you are unimpressed then :flipgotcha: if not, I saved the best for last. Follow 407 back around until it meets back up with the main trail. Take a left and head back towards the exit. On the right, .3 of a mile down is Bounce Em If you Got Em (created by God, named by Mr. Hagan). Take a right just past the greenfield and then a right at the Y. Stop and eat if you are hungry and then put your big boy pants on and look up and left. The first trail should be crawled/bounced first and then take the immediate right and come down the bypass. At the bottom go ten yards and take another left. This hill has multiple ways up and using the bypass from one trail earlier to get back down.

I'ma hafta to go see this trail, maybe even hike my leg on it...

Thanks for the shout out!

Thanks for helping out with the names. A little piece of you that should live on for a long time.

I am hoping to get to a point where I need more names, but the last few have taken a lot longer to cut. Deer season keeps most of the help away and a small group can only do so much.

Thank you sir Stevo. I think the first Busted Knuckle Video is going to do so much more to get people there than my pictures and words. But like everything, you have to start somewhere.

For those of you that do make this ride, please take the time to post back up what you like, dislike, places you'd like to see additional trails cut, etc. I am currently in charge of all new trails and if you guys don't let me know what and where you want them, I will just keep cutting what I want. As well, letting me know if there are any other issues, I can run them by the manager of the park and do my best to get them resolved.

I know that this park will be one of the premier parks in South East for multiple sets of crowds. The RZR guys currently know this, the crawler bouncers need to figure it out and if my influence has anything to do with it, there will be a mega truck track cut in out front and that will give a little for everyone.

lowbudgetjunk said:
if my influence has anything to do with it, there will be a mega truck track cut in out front and that will give a little for everyone.

GET IT!!!! :woot:

There's definitely plenty of room for it. :dblthumb:

dragr1 said:
Hope to see it in February!

Message me before you head this way and I'll give you a tour or get a buddy to. It's a pretty easy park to navigate, but some of the best trails are a little harder to find.

I won't be there this weekend, but will be next weekend. Let me ask around.

Cool.. I'll be coming in Friday around lunch. I'll be staying in cullman as its closer to thebulldog show my wife's attending. Does the park close promptly at5 like gates closed ordo they just expect trail riding to stop.?

truckbroke said:
Cool.. I'll be coming in Friday around lunch. I'll be staying in cullman as its closer to thebulldog show my wife's attending. Does the park close promptly at5 like gates closed ordo they just expect trail riding to stop.?

Yes sir....gates close at five

We'll got in and went to riding bout 130. I really like how everything is setup! Plenty of room. I was only truck riding today. Rode main trails and started back. First hill we did was Bills hill. Good stuff. Rode around to vendetta an who's your daddy. Very ugly. Who's your daddy makes methink about creme puff in Harlan. Gonna get on it tomorrow. Left out an went up gut buster. I like the park causeyou could easily have some buddies on rangers an 4 wheelers riding with you due to all the by trails. Gonna do dog leg tomorrow also. YouTube hill... probably not. Its just me an a 13 year old an it looks more like buggy material to me. Some nasty under cuts. So far its worth the drive from south ga. I think this place is right around the corner from being a Alabama hot spot. Very well put together. Oh an my Yukon is helping to widen a few trails for us Big Body wheelers. Lol

Sorry I couldn't make it out. Take a picture, video or maybe two if you get a chance.