"Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

Done for the night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 172
Re: "Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

Eddyj said:
I also reused my motor mounts from the jeep. I made them when I did one ton swap and hated seeing them go to waste. Also changed front frame upper link mounts so bolts run horizontal.
Also I'm starting to think about color. I'm leaning towards something I can find easily for touch up. Probably end up spray canning it. I'm thinking dark blue with raw aluminum panels ( bobby tanner's color)
Granny Smith green (csc's poison ivy buggy)
Or white ( csc's white buggy)
Anyone got any suggestions for these colors in a rattle can?
All the blue I've tried looks like "Cinderella blue"

Chassis is coming along quite nicely! Glad to see a budget build up.

Thanks.
Damn near 2000 views and not one comment. I thought I was going to have to post on pirate just to have someone tell me that it sucked.

Eddyj said:
Thanks.
Damn near 2000 views and not one comment. I thought I was going to have to post on pirate just to have someone tell me that it sucked.

First time I had even seen the build up was last night. Thankfully so much going in the Tech & Fab section it's hard to keep up with everything!

:dblthumb: nice work man I agree with as much modding as you done to the chassis you probably been easier on your self , live and learn hub but nice to see others with minimal tools builds gives me ideas

Decided to keep track of $$$$

Chassis 900
Extra tube. 400
Tires 600
Rims. 300
Axles. 1000
Masters. 50
Brakes. 100
Orbital. 100
Ram. 100
Column. 40
Disconnect. 20
Seats. 100
Belts. 60
Drivetrain. 800
Tc Outputs. 200
Drive shafts. 200
Heims. 800
4 coilovers. 1250
Propane. 400
Lights 50
Steering hose 300
Boots. 50
Paint. 60
Wire & switch. 70
1410 joints 100

At this point it was wheelable. On to phase 2.

Tube rework Rocfun was very reasonable
Suspension seats 400
Winch 300

Most of this was traded for, and spread out over 2 builds. Most of the items are from hardline. But I'll keep this updated I would like to know what I end up in it.

I'm done jacking around with photobucket it's a 2 min video I had to cut up to get it to PB. it ends up being 3 short videos.

So my build got put on hold for 4 month. But I'm back at it here's how I left it.
I know I probably violated some buggy building code, but considering it was going to be left for month I primed it and sprayed one can of blue on it.
I let my 5 year old daughter pick the color she went with sparkly blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 165
So the last thing I did was make propane bottle racks. The bottles will set at the same angle of the lower bar with valves pointed rearward. After thinking about this I'm unsure if on a steep climb if they will starve for fuel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 169
Set my axles at full bump it looks like axle center line will be 5 inches higher than the belly. So if it's on a flat floor at bump belly should be about 12-15 inches off of floor.
Then mocked up 16 coilovers, pushing the axle mounts all the way out towards tires. It looks like the axle is going to max out at 22 degrees of flex on front. I have no ideal if that's good or not. But it doesn't look that impressive. But should be able to get a little more out of rear. :dunno: