• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1.6 zuk efi or pane

R

rednecklights

I acquired a zuk the other day with a 1.6 8v it has a terrible flat spot at 2000rpm, after setting the timing correcting the throttle plate stop it ran smooth as silk on the trailer and for about 30 minutes on the trail. I got into a rough section bounced it around and the flat spot returned. I unplugged the tps saw a little corrosion on the pins of the connector plugged it back up and it ran well for 10minutes and the flat spot returned.

The tps is almost $200 , I need another fuel cell to have room for a 3rd seat.... when I buy both Id be close to the cost of a propane kit.

should I ditch the efi? buy a new tps and chases electrical gremlins?

its not too bad to ride , its simply annoying.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I've never ran propane on one of my zuks but a buddy did. He had pieced the kit together and it worked well but he was also limited as to where he could go.
I'd stick with EFI if it were me. I used to build the wiring harness for the efi swap and sell them. Just get a tps that you know is good and swap out before you go throwing money at it. To me, a rig that is capable of pulling double duty is far more important than just a trail rig.

wiring is super simple for propane - you can ride all weekend easily on one 8 gal tank - to me they have better throttle response and trouble shooting is a breeze

there is no way I'd even consider fixing EFI - I'd switch to propane for sure

just my 2 cents that isn't worth much

May be the map sensor I just went thru a similar problem on a 16 valve it would not take throttle wanted to bog down I would check it before I changed to LP

there guy on here had cv carb kit forsale, had this on a zuk buggy and works perfect! but if you keep efi or lp you can turbo it later on

If you wanna go pane I got impco 100 mixer if you wanna piece one together.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

onetoncrawler said:
That's most people's thoughts these days - fact is it doesn't take big power and cubic dollars to enjoy this sport

It does take double bs, 43s and open headers to get a bunch of :tc
its sad to say but I enjoyed my samurai stuff a lot more than all the big stuff

onetoncrawler said:
wiring is super simple for propane - you can ride all weekend easily on one 8 gal tank - to me they have better throttle response and trouble shooting is a breeze

there is no way I'd even consider fixing EFI - I'd switch to propane for sure

just my 2 cents that isn't worth much

Propane has a higher octane level than pump gas for tha woopow throttle! And burns cleaner! :****:

Pane it, and never look back! :driving:

onetoncrawler said:
That's most people's thoughts these days - fact is it doesn't take big power and cubic dollars to enjoy this sport

Right on...4 bangers rock!

Turbo 16 valve

Attachments

• IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 71
onetoncrawler said:

It cost me more money to keep my Toyota together than it does my v8 stuff. Anybody that knows me will tell you I could give 2 shits if anyone swings on my nuts. I just don't like letting off because I know I will break.

Re: Re: Re: 1.6 zuk efi or pane

easleycrawler said:
My yota is on pane, I love it, no spitting and sputtering. Us 4 banger groups don't have to woopow, we got the weeepow. :driving:

Pretty sure I met you or one of your group at the flats this weekend, I was told the same thing!!! We laughed like crazy when I told my crew this!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Latest posts