• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who builds chassis's ?

TBItoy said:
Bentfab up in KY does chassis and has lots of kit style options for interior and such, if you like race car looking chassis
This ^^^^ or maybe contact JDuck if you have some idea of what you are wanting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:

Jason is out for a little bit..but hopefully back at it agian soon

From the empty bottle

drich394 said:
Jason is out for a little bit..but hopefully back at it agian soon

From the empty bottle
He working on your seat mounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PJ at M&M fab is about as good as it gets. Great guy to deal with and his build quality is top notch. He will build anything from a "starter" subframe and rails to a turn key rig for a reasonable price. A lot of it depends on what style you want and how long you are willing to wait. There are a lot of quality chassis builders out there but look at past work and make sure you will be happy with it.

Re: Re: Re: Who builds chassis's ?

xjcrawler said:
I think he tried to contact him and got no replies.

George is basically a one man operation at Angryfab and gets 200-300 phone calls/texts/pm's a week. He does not have the capacity to keep up with everyone's interest. The idea of just building various style chassis for different drivetrains and cockpit sizes and NO custom orders has been tossed around so he can sell chassis as is. Turn around for him would be much better like that vs. dicking with so many custom orders. I don't think Angryfab is out of the question, it's just up in the air as of now as to what the future scope of the business is.

I know CSC Fab was planning on having a few chassis built and ready to go for the walk-in customer. Don't know if he's got them ready yet.

I could sell this chassis bare, all the way up to a roller. Its set up to be a 4 seater with a 120" wheelbase.
296172_670097846350177_1211482479_n.jpg

Angry fab...he's building mine rite now super down to earth guy and he likes beer haahahaahhahahaahahahaha best way to get an angry fab chassis is let him do his thing just tell him wat motor tranny and axles ur gonna run and let him do his thing.he is a 1 man operation but I guarantee he won't disappoint u

I think you will find people are partial to certain builders. If I was to decide to build another one I would figure out what style I like, find a REPUTABLE builder close in distance, and then start to look at their past builds. Where are you from maybe people can help you by posting examples of work from close builders.

Jimmy Smith did a good job on my chassis but his style is what I like. You will more than likely be on a "wait list" of some kind no matter who you go with. The sport is blowing up unbelievably big in last couple of years. If you aren't in a hurry make plans to be at the Unlimited Off Road Expo in June I would imagine alot of builders will be there to speak with and get a feel for.

Nothing against Jimmy but if I had another built I would go with Randy's Rock Rods now that I have seen and rode with several of his rigs.

I am in Georgia. Thanks for all the replys. Now to do some research.

And on the angryfab comments. If he don't want to sell a chassis that is fine.
Just because you have a few shitty customers don't mean all customers will be shitty.

bjeep said:

Just because you have a few shitty customers don't mean all customers will be shitty.

I can't speak for George, but this is how I see it: Have any of you ever worked in construction? It absolutely sucks to work with the homeowners looking over your shoulder and needing to be involved in every single aspect of the job completion. It's not that you don't want to do your job, it'd just be a hell of a lot easier to build the house you want to build, and then put it up for sale

bjeep said:

You can't imagine what goes on when you build for a customers specs. The only way I can make anything on a frame is build it like I want it then sell it, I have had every possible scenario go down when building for customers, even wrote down in detail once everything that had to be done had the guy sign it, then when the project was done the guy tried to say that it wasn't his signature. I've never met the guy from angryfab but most people that know him brag on him do that's a good sign.

Bending tube is hard for a beginner! I have had a nice air over hydraulic bender for about a year, read lots of stuff and practiced a little bit! started me a new cage and i have more time in the main hoop than it takes Jimmy Smith to build a entire buggy! when you make several different bends in a single piece, that **** is hard! these guys earn there money!

Latest posts