• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Never ending Samurai build...

Here's the motor just before I bolted the transmission to it...

IMAG3946_zpswsvohh37.jpg

At this point I have dropped the motor and trans into position to mark what needs to be cut and pulled it back out. I'm hoping to get more time in the shop next week and hopefully end up with the motor and trans installed and the wiring started. Then I'll move on to the cage.

As far as the cage redo goes I'd like to follow some similar lines to onetoncrawlers "Sexi Sami". I'm just stuck on whether or not I want to pull my seats out and redo the subframe they're mounted to as well or do the cage and then see if I've gained enough visibility from removing the dash and the dash bar from the current cage. Previously I was finding myself having a hard time seeing out and over the hood on any type of incline. Hopefully that will improve...

Been following a while on Pirate. Definitely interested to see how you like the drivetrain swap. Thats the only thing I haven't figured out for my next one.

WHIZARD said:
I love it!!!! I will be keeping an eye on this one? Are your seats the ultras or the regualar Corbeaus??

Thanks...theyre the standard corbeaus. They were a tight enough fit...not sure what id have to do to fit the wides.

Stretch said:
Been following a while on Pirate. Definitely interested to see how you like the drivetrain swap. Thats the only thing I haven't figured out for my next one.

Yeah im still curious about it too...fingers crossed because my little 1.3 always treated me really good.

easleycrawler said:
This rig and owner, pretty much the reason I got into wheelin. Not only is it built good and look good, its a going sum bitch. :****:

Thanks Travis. A little more seat time in your rig and Ill be sayin the same thing about you.

Geo Metro...4cyl only of course. I really like the looks of it, but the added plus was that being a cast aluminum cover you don't have to worry about deforming the cover when you tighten the screws down...just snug em down and they're good.

Finally got motivated to do some more work today. Cut the tunnel a little at a time until the trans fit where it needed to. Gotta build a new crossmember to mount the trans and cut out the old one. Then i might look into building a skid...just maybe though.

Since there arent that many pictures floating around of how the 4wd trans fits and the trimming necessary I made sure to take a few...

IMAG4040_zps9yjpaqog.jpg

IMAG4041_zpskrqwabwk.jpg

IMAG4042_zpsm4lmcotk.jpg

IMAG4043_zpsxt6xvzgj.jpg

IMAG4044_zps2r3smdog.jpg

The pictures make the opening look huge but i only trimmed enough to allow the trans oil pan to clear the sides of the tunnel.

Latest posts