• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DURHAMTOWN TELLICO Review & Pics

zukiscott

"MOST WILDEST"
FINALLY made up to the park and checked it out on a one day trail ride folks!
Our group for the day all gave it 5 STARS,,,,"although we got rained on and one day was just not enough time to explore the whole place" but we still had a GREAT day of wheelin!

Iv,e made me up a Trail rating system.......

Climbing / Obstacle Trails will use this symbol :dblthumb:

And Leaf looking / Scenic Trails will use this symbol ;D

And the ratings system will go from 1 to 3 symbols...

With that stated heres the Trails we ran last Sturday...

Buzzards Roost Overlook Trail ;D ;D ;D
Gun Stock Trail ;D ;D
Tom Taylor ;D
Skidder Pass ;D
Tellico Road ;D ;D
Little Snowbird Road ;D ;D
Lucy Gap Road ;D ;D

ROCKET LAUNCH :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :woot: :woot: :woot:
MOUNTAIN DO :dblthumb: :woot:
ELEVATOR SHAFT :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :woot: :woot: :woot:
SKID MARK :dblthumb:
ROCKY ROAD :dblthumb:
BOWL AREA CLIMBS :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Here was our group of rigs....

Heres the current map of the Trail System of the park

I was VERY pleased with EVERY aspect of this place yall and was PROUD to have my tires back on TELLICO dirt again as well :woot:

As I was sayin the rain showed up and messed up our climbin traction up JUST as we got to the top of ELEVATOR SHAFT wich dumps out into the BOWL AREA wich is covered up with SOLID ROCK STEEP BADDASS OBSTACLES much like the ones at old MSORP :****:

But I hardly got any pics there at all because of the rain....

THAT ONE ^^^ was FUN gettin up :woot:

The rest of my pics from the day are Trail Wheelin Scenery Pics that were either taken before or right after the MONSOONS hit us...

Heres the $60.00 a night primitive rental cabins on the Little Snowbird Creek that I CANNOT WAIT to go stay in....

THANKS man and THATS JUST WHAT THIS PLACE NEEDS,,,,most of the trails we wheeled on you could see rocks pokin up outta the ground everywhere,,,"and most of the trails are already steep" so yall know damn well what that translates into....

OH,,,,and keep in mind that the Trails I rated in the beginning of this thread were ONLY THE TRAILS WE HIT Saturday,,,the dam rain and lack of time left us well short of hittin / wheelin everything the park has to offer ;D

Hulio I was thinking of heading up there this weekend with the wife and kid. We would not be bringing nothing but the suburban. Would we be able to atleast get around the park and fish good for 2 days?

The group we rode with a couple weekends ago had two bumper pulls and on two car goose neck, he just unloaded at the bottom of the drive way/parkinglot, to make it easier to turn the truck and trailer around and park, its on a little incline. But doable.

GONOVRIT said:
Thank you Scott! I've been wanting a first hand review like this for a while, very well done.

APPRECIATE IT MAN :dblthumb:

bad80cj said:
Hulio I was thinking of heading up there this weekend with the wife and kid. We would not be bringing nothing but the suburban. Would we be able to atleast get around the park and fish good for 2 days?

MMMMAN yall get up there with that Burban,,"is it 4x4"?,,,if so get one of them maps and any Trail / Road rated with a green ball symbol YALL GOT IT :dblthumb:

highrolrcustoms said:
Hows the parking area. My trailer is a 30' deckover gooseneck

We hauled in with this setup,,,,,,

We had no problem parking this setup,,,,but the parking lot areas are a lil steep in some places "its Tellico ain,t nothin there flat" and we had a 4x4 F350 tow rig,,,,there are several spots long enough for gooseneck setups up there around and up behind the check in lodge :dblthumb:

throttlejunkie said:
The group we rode with a couple weekends ago had two bumper pulls and on two car goose neck, he just unloaded at the bottom of the drive way/parkinglot, to make it easier to turn the truck and trailer around and park, its on a little incline. But doable.

We was typin at the same time man :****:,,,, we just gave em a double parkin review ,,,,well said :dblthumb:

Great review :dblthumb:! I will be definitely be hitting this place in the near future now. I honestly wasn't too sure about this place until you posted this, seriously looks badass!!!!

We were thinking the same thing about the place, it takes a bit of riding to get to some good stuff, but that's what the old Tellico was all about, there are several spots we noticed the rocks trying to show themselves from under the dirt, with the rain and big tire traffic, it should get real interesting there in the near future. We were all joking before we left that that mountain is cursed, we broke, and it rained, just like old times!

Did yall ride all the way to the end of "tellico road"? We only rode a few miles out and turned around when we went. I was wondering if there was anything good out there.