• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 25-28, 2014

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
https://www.facebook.com/events/320990974734014/

28th Annual Dixie Run 2014

September 25th – 28th, 2014 at Golden Mountain Park in Sparta, Tn.

Registration Fees

$109 / $99 Individual General Admission (member discount of $10)
$19 Individual Spouse / Adult Passenger
$9 Youth Admission (Under 18)
$0 Child Admission - (Under 6)
$49 Event Participant (No trail vehicle or camping)

* General Admission includes access for the whole weekend for 1 person, 1 vehicle, 1 raffle ticket, dash plaque, event arm band, trail riding, camping and showers.

Schedule of Events, ticket sales, and much more is available on our website;

http://www.sfwda.org/events/blog/2014/5/29/28th-annual-dixie-run

Golden Mountain is where Dixie Run should be forever!

2010 Jim' Garage U4 car
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Looking for a JK!!!!

For people who have to travel very far I don't see how they will be able to afford it long if the prices keep going up this way. I know I spent a lot of money going to KOH and Dixie run is a lot cheaper than that, but I have watched it go from a really good to not so good of a deal.BTW GMP is the best place for Dixie run, and I will be there again this year. Just had to complain a little. Plus I only live ten miles from the park!

Re: Re: Re: GMP - SFWDA Dixie Run - September 25-28, 2014

halcat said:
For people who have to travel very far I don't see how they will be able to afford it long if the prices keep going up this way. I know I spent a lot of money going to KOH and Dixie run is a lot cheaper than that, but I have watched it go from a really good to not so good of a deal.BTW GMP is the best place for Dixie run, and I will be there again this year. Just had to complain a little. Plus I only live ten miles from the park!

Actually, if you look at golden mountain's normal rates posted on their website, Dixie Run is the same price, considering it's a 4 day event.

Of course, the park doesn't charge for every single they have listed if you're in a group and staying the weekend.

But yeah, it does seem high to "us locals" that ride there several times a year, help cut and clean trails, and make trail name signs

I went up to a big dogs event in Gore, VA, it was the roughly the same price as Dixie Run, and everyone up there thought it was completely normal to drop $150 gate fee to bring 2 people and 1 rig for a weekend.

$100 doesn't bother me an ounce. I'll drink more than that in mason jar samples from camp to camp during the 4 days. Now that I think about it, $100 is a great value.

2010 Jim' Garage U4 car

Looking for a JK!!!!

crawlin85cj said:
$100 doesn't bother me an ounce. I'll drink more than that in mason jar samples from camp to camp during the 4 days. Now that I think about it, $100 is a great value.

2010 Jim' Garage U4 car

Looking for a JK!!!!

Um... Shotgun!

molaugh

For me and my group from Florida this has become our favorite ride of the year. I don't mind paying the 100 bucks...especially for this park! The park is beautiful. .weather is typically great. .people are awesome. ..and the facilitys are very good. Can't wait!

hoping to be able to swing this trip. missed out last year. just got my 2nd knee replacement done since April and hoping I can get back to work and have some play funds. also need to repair the jeep and put new tires on the trailer. we too will come from florida!!! :driving:

halcat said:
You guy make me feel like **** now. I think I'll tip the gate when i go in

Ha,

I'd save the tip for a non SFWDA weekend (well i guess that would be according to if you want it to go to the park or to sfwda)

Just wanted to share the updated DR28 rates and URL for registration which is now LIVE.

Dixie Run 28 Event Information

REGISTRATION FEES

$99 Individual General Admission *
$19 Individual Spouse / Adult Passenger *
$9 Youth Admission (Ages 6-17)
$0 Child Admission - (Under 6)
$39 Spectator (No trail vehicle or camping) *

*Individual Annual Membership into SFWDA for 2014 is included in the total cost for each Adult ticket.

For more details and to register online check out our website
http://www.sfwda.org/events/dixierun28

Schedule of Events

THURSDAY
Registration and Tech Inspection opens at 2 pm closes at 8pm
Vendor set up all day

FRIDAY
Registration and Tech Inspection 7am-8pm
Breakfast 7am-9am
Tread Lightly - Best Practices & Off-Road Demonstrations
Guided Trail rides inside of GMP (morning and afternoon departures 2x per day)
Guided Excursion Trip to nearby Scenic Parks & Waterfalls 1-5pm
Food vendors all day
Event booth opens at 12noon-7pm
Friday night-----TBA

SATURDAY
Registration and Tech Inspection 7am-11am
Breakfast 7am-9am
Tread Lightly - Best Practices & Off-Road Demonstrations
Guided Trail rides of GMP (morning and afternoon departures 2x per day)
Guided Excursion Trip to nearby Scenic Parks & Waterfalls 1-5pm
Rock Race Challenge 10am
RC Rock Crawl Challenge
Event booth opens at 11am until raffle
Food vendors to sell food until 1pm
Dinner 5pm-6:30pm (Sold in advance, Separate of Event Registration)
Intro and Announcements 7pm
Raffle starts at 7:30pm
Changes for Dixie Run 28

Dinner for Saturday night will be sold separately and must be purchased online in advance to properly prepare the vendor
Distinguished Arm bands will be applied during check-in and must not be removed through the duration of the event
Arm Bands will be required for access to the park on each and every entry
Anyone not wearing the assigned arm band in the park on their arm may be forced to pay a Event Spectator Fee.
Registration is per person. Each Individual Adult, and Child must register
Breakfast will be available only if there is enough interest through pre-registration
The Forestry Service has implemented the "Firewood Ban" at GMP to prevent spread of harmful insects (Ice & Fire Wood will be available for purchase at the main gate)
RV sites and bunk house rentals MUST be arranged in advance separately through the park
All vehicle trailers must be left at lower parking area and are not allowed in campgrounds - No Exceptions
More activities are still in development so stay tuned as we will update here

*Individual Annual Membership into SFWDA for 2014 is included in the total cost for each Adult ticket.

* Individual Adult Admission includes access for the whole weekend for 1 person, 1 vehicle, 1 raffle ticket, dash plaque, event arm band, trail riding, camping and showers. All additional passengers and youth admission tickets must be purchased separately.

*All event meals including Saturday Night Dinner must be purchased separately.

I guess I'm in. Bought mine and my wifes tickets yesterday. I'll be going in Tuesday and getting a camp spot for the ole motor home. Hope Adam gets my buggy done. That would be embarrassing , have to go to Dixie run on foot! I don't know, I might climb bounty hill on foot. maybe not.

Yes. Meal tickets are extra. I passed on those. Well cook early than ride while the drawing is going on. Can have the whole park that way.

Anyone know if SxS's are going to be allowed again this year? Doesn't say on the SFWDA web site, but it's not one of the changes listed. Was going to bring my nephew, but he only has a SxS to ride.

We have a new a couple new food vendors were working on, and a new one for dinner this year as well, not Rib City. Our insurance policy will not cover side-by-sides and so therefore they will continue as not allowed. Hope to see all you guys there