• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

affordable polarized shades?

patooyee

Anyone know of a good less than $100 pair of shades that are polarized? I'm am not one to spend a lot on shades because I break or scratch them quickly. But I do appreciate polarized lenses. My problem is that I have a big fat face and most normal shades look like Wal-Mart childrens glasses on me. I've been wearing these for years and love them but am ready for a change.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncloud-Polarized-Optics-Sunglasses-Reader/dp/B001LXMKF8/ref=sr_1_42?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1406642855&sr=1-42&keywords=suncloud+sunglasses+polarized

I like them because the frame is big, fits my fat-ass head, and doesn't look stupid small.

We sell work/safety glasses here at work that are the brand name Edge. They have polarized glasses for around $25 bucks and very tough.

NOVI FED COUPE said:
We sell work/safety glasses here at work that are the brand name Edge. They have polarized glasses for around $25 bucks and very tough.

Can you recommend a model for me to look into that has a big frame for big fat faces?

I bought a pair of these on a whim in the clubhouse Saturday while I was playing golf. They immediately became my new favorite glasses, and I only paid $18 for them. I don't think the particular pair I got is polarized, but they have several that are. I have a big fat face too, and they fit great. With regular sunglasses I would lose the ball in the air anywhere past about 100 yards, these make it a lot easier to see the ball.

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/Mens/Stealth-2-0-Black

Seems they started as a small time operation, which I like. And apparently they are Made in USA, which I love! :dblthumb: Merica! Plus as soon as i put them on I immediately started hitting my drives 350+ :****:

hokie_yj said:
I bought a pair of these on a whim in the clubhouse Saturday while I was playing golf. They immediately became my new favorite glasses, and I only paid $18 for them. I don't think the particular pair I got is polarized, but they have several that are. I have a big fat face too, and they fit great. With regular sunglasses I would lose the ball in the air anywhere past about 100 yards, these make it a lot easier to see the ball.

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/Mens/Stealth-2-0-Black

Seems they started as a small time operation, which I like. And apparently they are Made in USA, which I love! :dblthumb: Merica! Plus as soon as i put them on I immediately started hitting my drives 350+ :****:

Which model did you get?

I'm pretty sure they're the Stealth 2.0. They just had a bunch on a rack, and I picked the pair I liked best. They have the orangeish tint HD lenses.

Re:

I always liked the Walmart Berkleys. Seems like they're only $15 and, honestly, I can't tell a huge difference between them and my Costas. (And I don't own a RZR, Yeti, or a diesel.) I actually do quite a bit of trout fishing and prefer the Berkleys so that its not a big deal if I drop or lose them.

hokie_yj said:
I'm pretty sure they're the Stealth 2.0. They just had a bunch on a rack, and I picked the pair I liked best. They have the orangeish tint HD lenses.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of Stealths. I figure for $20 its hard to go wrong.

Macman said:
Walmart has some at the eye center branded DVX. They fit good and cheap also.

Yeah, I tried some of those on. They were all too small for my fat ****ing face. :)

Suncloud stuff is great. Its a division of Smith and most of their stuff is polarized for around $50. The difference is the way its polarized. The more expensive lenses have the polarization layered into the lens whereas with the Suncloud's the lens is dipped. Cheaper process, same results, just not AS durable as the lenses that its layered into. I'm still rocking a pair from 2 years ago and the polarization hasnt changed one bit.

My current Sunclouds are about 4 years old and the polarization is feeling pretty bad, it was the genesis of the thread. But most of the time I brake the glasses before this happens so I have no complaints.

I think I may order some of those Maxx shades. I have a pair of Oakley's with the orange iridium lenses or whatever they're called, wore em riding, took em off at dark and threw em in the glove box, and they rattled around and made a rub spot in the center of the right lense.

hokie_yj said:
...And apparently they are Made in USA, which I love! :dblthumb: Merica!

I have to eat my words on this. I looked at them before I put them on leaving work today, and they clearly say China on the temple piece. Their website said something about putting America to work so I just assumed the were made in America. My bad.

Try calcutta..... Ive had costas and was always afraid of messing them up, so when i was in key west i bought a set of calcuttas and 4years latter im wearing the same ones and havnt pick the costas outta my drawer yet. Work well in any fishing/wirk environment for about $30

Latest posts