• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired WTB efi top end for ram jet 502

ax600

Hello all.
I am looking for a stock top end for a ram jet 502 heads ,manifold ,harness etc.
we are currently running mod parts on my wifes 502 with fast efi nut are having a hard time getting this engine to run right.
there is no dyno tuners localy so i am just looking to get back to stock.

I would trade the edelbrok victor junior wrecktangle port top end, cam, and fast multi port efi with full msd ignition for the stock top end off of a ram jet 502.
bump

No full exhaust. But it just dont run as crisp as it should. Or as well as my stock ram jet 502.
and fast easy efi is suppose to self learn but it hasnt in 2 summers.
If i buy all parts needed thru gmpp i could just as well buy another 502 ramjet crate engine and save her engine for a street car i suppose.

Done the usual checking of everything? Timing, fuel pressure, vacuum or exhaust leaks? All sensors good/ idle air motor works? TPS set correctly? Plugs look fouled or lean? Seems like you should be able to get what 's there to run. My efi top end is similar except with a holley HP ecu.

Yes, i have checked the timing, switched distributors, checked fuel pressure, calibrated tps, i had the valve covers off because of a leak and all pushrods are in their places. No exhaust leaks. The only thing that i can think of is that mabye the fuel is getting hot because the coolent runs thru the frame and the braided fuel lined are run next to the frame.

ax600 said:
Yes, i have checked the timing, switched distributors, checked fuel pressure, calibrated tps, i had the valve covers off because of a leak and all pushrods are in their places. No exhaust leaks. The only thing that i can think of is that mabye the fuel is getting hot because the coolent runs thru the frame and the braided fuel lined are run next to the frame.
reroute your fuel lines. John g has experienced this a few times. Fuel lines so hot can not touch them. Ran like ****.

Thanks, we will try it. I also am considering switching from braided lines to push lock hose.
the radiator fans blow on to the aluminum fuel cell as well. So this is more than likely the problem

High idle sounds like vacuum leak. Double check. Also check IAC; remove and plug hole and see if idles down.
Vacuum leak will give you a high idle. Fouling plugs is too rich, computer may be reading false lean due to exhaust leak or vacuum leak (more air than expected).
Depending on your throttle body type, some don't fit well and get a leak at the base around the IAC. Holley makes a plate to seal this.

Latest posts