• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Jeep Stroker Engine

Indy Will

I hate seeing things collect dust and this has been around too long. Don't have any plans for it so it needs to go.

Similar builds have been dyno'ed over 350 hp/tq. I haven't put this one on the dyno. Just in my old green race TJ. It won quite a few races with this motor. Probably has less than 20 hours on it total though. I didn't really wheel it, just raced. Anyway...

-Older Renix 4.0 block (higher nickle content block)
-New 4.2 4 weight crank, balanced
4.0 rods
-Keith Black 944 pistons (shorter for the 4.0 rods)
-Entire rotating assembly is balanced
-Cleavites all around
-ARP studs and bolts all around, mains, rods, heads
-The best flowing stock head, I can't remember the casting number, slightly ported and polished out a little
-5 angle valve job
-Yella Terra roller rockers with upgraded valve springs
-Double row adjustable timing chain (I think it was a Cloyes)
-Comp Cams 68-239-4 set straight up, it's a mid to high range cam, you might want to advance it a couple degrees if it's just going into a wheeler, it still has a solid idle but you can hear a little chop
-HEI one wire hookup distributor with adjustable redline MSD ignition module.
-Late model high flow intake (the newest fuel injection intake) but has been moded for a 4 barrel carb bolt pattern. I ran it on propane but you could run it carbed or throttle body injected.
-New Tri Y header with fresh header wrap
-New oil pan
-New CS130 alternator (GM one wire hookup)
-New powersteering pump
-New starter
-Includes stock 4.0 flexplate and crank bolts, stock spacer dust shield thing
-I think I have a whole spare HEI distributor and cap

I built it for propane so it has about 11.5:1 compression. Gasoline would need 93 and be a little easy on the timing. Put some 105 in her and turn it back up though.

It screams pretty awesome though. This motor in my old stock jeep racer with 31's would beat my 550hp Ultra4 car off the line. It's really fun.

Probably have upwards of $6k of parts and work in this thing when it's all said and done.

How about $3,000 includes everything I have to go with the motor.

In Burlington, NC. Will at 336.693.4003.

Sorry the pics suck. It's on the top shelf of my pallet rack. A little hard to get to right now.
index.php

index.php

Bump for a great engine! I have built several and are very dependable. The hp ratings are accurate, great asking price. :dblthumb:

What year TJ was it in? Mine is 2000 and has T-999 trans. Interested to know if that trans would stand up to the power.

Did you use a stock torque converter?

Latest posts