• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

crawlin85cj said:
I use the bottom version. I think it's better suited for pulling in all directions. My tie down locations are totally different if there is 1 buggy or 2 in the trailer. I don't like the way the top version looks of pulled against the hinge.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

crawlin85cj said:
I use the bottom version. I think it's better suited for pulling in all directions. My tie down locations are totally different if there is 1 buggy or 2 in the trailer. I don't like the way the top version looks of pulled against the hinge.

The bottom one is definitely the better design meant for pulling in any direction.

crawlin85cj said:

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

Good point. Mine are placed so they only pulled on the D-ring in the desired location.

jta said:
What are you guys doing with the floors? Epoxy paint? The coin mat? Diamond plate? Bedliner?

Mine has vinyl flooring. I have torn two small tears in it. Vinyl is NOT a good floor for us. Prefer the coin type.

JohnG said:
Mine has vinyl flooring. I have torn two small tears in it. Vinyl is NOT a good floor for us. Prefer the coin type.

You say that until you have to clean it. The coin SUCKS to sweep or mop. I blow mine out with a leaf blower then soak the heck out of it with a mop. If I try to get it really clean it has to be mopped again

The coin floor isn't tear proof, it likes to fold up under the tires when the buggy is strapped down tight. Mine is rippled up now and won't lay flat anymore in a few places.

My next trailer will have vinyl with 12" black tread plate strips for the buggy tires to run on. I think this will solve most of my complaints with past trailers.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

I'm thinking about doing the epoxy on mine. We have an enclosed at work that was epoxied and it looks pretty good. I don't think I'd go with vinyl because I've never seen any that has some time on it that looked good.

Do you just put the epoxy over the wood floor? Or lay something first? Mine is painted wood and I hate it. I have a bunch of laminate in my garage I thought about pitting down just because it's free. I'm sure it won't hokd up more than I year though.

mckeddie said:
Do you just put the epoxy over the wood floor? Or lay something first? Mine is painted wood and I hate it. I have a bunch of laminate in my garage I thought about pitting down just because it's free. I'm sure it won't hokd up more than I year though.
I'd probably use a garage floor or deck epoxy. Maybe prime the wood with a compatible primer. The trailer we have at work they just put the epoxy on the bare wood.

Took a few pics from this weekends ride. Trailer is only 20' so there is not a ton of room to work with but gets the job done with a little planning. The bunks are made from 1" square tube and plywood, standard twin mattress. They attach to the studs in the walls using single e-track brackets. They are set up after unloading the rig. I store them at the front till time to set them up. Basic shelf in the front, electrical junk/ tools underneath.
I had planned on the bunks being able to fold up and latch to the walls but there is not enough room for the rig at that point.

There is enough room to walk between the left and right bunks with climbing over which is nice.

Finally broke down a couple weeks ago and rode out to Texas to pick up the ALMOST everything I wanted trailer. Gotta build some rampovers and it will be ready to go. 28' Haulmark extra height and width

mv1bb7.jpg

2rrt5b7.jpg

1t696t.jpg

My floor is aluminum treadplate (Featherlite).
My old one had the coin, and let me tell you that fitty's doing burnouts on it makes holes and ruins it. Who knew???? :dunno: