• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

jeeptj99 said:
Got any pics?

not yet. I'm thinking a large welding blanket (or similar) on a rod like a shower curtain. then just bungee cord it to one side when not in use.

stuftmunky2k said:
My roof top on my 24' smashed beer can took a dump this summer. So i bought a portable ac unit for a house and installed a 6" dryer vent going outside the trailer. Looks clean and keeps me and ole lady frozen at night. And my generator likes it alot better.

That's a good idea. What do you use for heat with your trailer?

Obviously I know one could use a space heater etc, but curious if someone has a low amp/draw heater setup too.

I'll play... working on building out a 28' enclosed with 7.5' interior height and wide rear door from Spartan Trailers in south ga. right now. Haven't yet pulled the trigger but this thread has been a good resource.

There's dozens of trailer manufacturers in south GA all within 60 miles of Douglas. I asked someone who's in a similar business that I trust in Douglas and he set it up for me to go to the factory for Spartan that same day. Still trying to work out the details of exactly what I want but quality seemed to be better than most of the south GA trailers. There's a pretty large gap in construction and price of enclosed trailers. IMO, many of the "good" brands, Haulmark, ATC etc are well respected because they only build higher end products. There are still some good trailers being built in south ga, you just have to be willing to pay for the upgraded build.

My must have items are 7K axles, 12" extra height, extra wide rear door, 50 amp panel, prewired for AC and all LED lighting, insulated and finished ceiling, screwless exterior with .030 AL and cast corners, interior and exterior outlets

My wants in the build are, Generator compartment, treadplate floor, insulated walls, finished AL interior walls, spread axles, aluminum wheels, loading lights, windows

My plan is to build a water tank and heater next to the generator compartment at the front of the trailer, a twin bed above that area and a shower. Possibly close off the front 8-10 feet of "living quarters"

Learning curve for me, but if you buy one with a finished interior or get to build one, make sure you have plenty of wall plugs put in. My old 28' had 6 plugs throughout and a 50 amp service and my new 34' has only 2, one at the front and one at the rear of the trailer. FRUSTRATING as hell to only have them 2. I really don't want to tear into the walls to add plugs, so I will have to figure something else out.

ADMINISTRATOR

So what do I need the interior plugs for? I know I'll have a couple but I feel like I won't even use them other than to maybe charge a cell phone while I'm sleeping in the AC or maybe a box fan. One on the outside for maybe occasional use of tools like my pancake compressor or grinders.

PR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdrinksalil said:
So what do I need the interior plugs for? I know I'll have a couple but I feel like I won't even use them other than to maybe charge a cell phone while I'm sleeping in the AC or maybe a box fan. One on the outside for maybe occasional use of tools like my pancake compressor or grinders.

PR

Blenders, hot dog roller, crockpots, vacuum cleaner...lava lamps

CHASMAN9 said:
Learning curve for me, but if you buy one with a finished interior or get to build one, make sure you have plenty of wall plugs put in. My old 28' had 6 plugs throughout and a 50 amp service and my new 34' has only 2, one at the front and one at the rear of the trailer. FRUSTRATING as hell to only have them 2. I really don't want to tear into the walls to add plugs, so I will have to figure something else out.

ADMINISTRATOR

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-outlet-super-power-strip-96737.html

I'd probably cut the plug in end off and wire it into one of the wall outlets

mrdrinksalil said:

PR

Phone,laptop charger, microwave, griddle, battery charger, drill charger, fans, outside camp lights, grinders for me so far.
I have 4 double outlets inside and a 30 amp outside. Not needed more yet.

Re: Re: Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

Hotrod23 said:
Pizza Oven!!!!
Maybe a couple of bean bag chairs also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mrdrinksalil said:

PR

Everybody has there setup a little different than each other. Here's what I had in my 28'. Plug outlet #1- I had a compressor and portable light plugged in near the personnel door to be able to use outside easily. Plug outlet #2-My toolbox had plug outlets built into the top area that I had my battery chargers for my 12v tools. Plug outlet #3- Had a swingaway light mounted to the wall so I could work on my buggy with light, inside at night. Plug outlet #4- had a 4- gang box with an extension cord to be able to run power outside if needed. The other 2 were towards the back half of the trailer for anything needed and I did not have any on the outside of the trailer. I liked that setup and my new 34' has just 2 on the inside and one on the outside. Just my personal needs.

ADMINISTRATOR

about to sell my current open GN and going to buy a Enclosed. After doing some digging these "factory Direct" GA trailers don't have the best reviews from what i've seen and they all seem to be coming out of the same place or similar.

TN-CTD said:
about to sell my current open GN and going to buy a Enclosed. After doing some digging these "factory Direct" GA trailers don't have the best reviews from what i've seen and they all seem to be coming out of the same place or similar.

Agreed, just make yourself a checklist of things to look for when building a new one according to the size you are wanting. (axles, frame, hitch type, wiring, finishes, tires/wheels, etc) GA does seem to have a monopoly on builders there for some reason. There is another trailer building company out of Cushing Oklahoma called R&M Race trailers that builds a beautiful trailer loaded and ready to go. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

TN-CTD said:
https://www.milltrailers.com/

This is who I got mine through. They are in Indy but have manufacturers all over the place including GA. I went to the factory in GA and what they were turning out was not the cheap craig's list specials.

Bringing this thread back up again since I did not see the specifc topic mentioned in the last 3 pages of the thread.

For those with metal roof enclosed trailers, what did you use/recommend/not recommend for resealing the joints in the roof?

Watched a few YouTube videos on the topic and seen products such as Dicor Tape and Paint, Kool Seal Paint, and Eterna Bond Tape, but have not had any experiences with the metal roof enclosed trailers and resealing.

I use dicor in a caulking gun to run along the seams and then cover the seam with 6" eternabond tape on my RV roof. Haven't had any issues with leaking.