• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

I have had good luck with Loctite PL Polyurethane Roof and Flashing sealant. I put a heavy bead and spread it to around 3/4" wide and not less than 1/8" thick. I use that stuff on many things, like sealing body seams on cars, attaching bathroom mirrors to the wall. I think it is around $7 a tube at Home Depot.

50a9ad1b0278a81c36ff3227a8a6febf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
I use dicor in a caulking gun to run along the seams and then cover the seam with 6" eternabond tape on my RV roof. Haven't had any issues with leaking.

Sawzall said:
I have had good luck with Loctite PL Polyurethane Roof and Flashing sealant. I put a heavy bead and spread it to around 3/4" wide and not less than 1/8" thick. I use that stuff on many things, like sealing body seams on cars, attaching bathroom mirrors to the wall. I think it is around $7 a tube at Home Depot.

Good info from both.

jeeptj99 said:
50a9ad1b0278a81c36ff3227a8a6febf.jpg

Using this had crossed my mind for sure.

2d5d7202051adfc9b928b1a2f0498da7.jpg

We used a enclosed trailer for a landscaping service. Love it everything is dry especially the seat with suspension. Down side is obvious as it weighs more and pulling grades with the 97 7.3 I can tell. However in a summer shower or downpour I can take shelter and stay dry till it passes or I go home.

I don't want a open trailer after this experience if I build and get a dedicated trail rig. It's safe nobody can steal anything off it or vandalize it if it's locked. Totally the way to go. However enclosed does pose some issues with a broken or non running trail rig on ease of loading. However we are all pretty red here and can figure a way around it!