• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan trail work and clean up weekend.

shoope3

Would anyone like to contribute to a clean up and trail work weekend? I have and several wheelers want to get together and do this. Also was recommended to come here and post this as well.

Clean up is what it is. Pick up the garbage people bring in but leave behind.

Trail work is trail work and possibly open some trails/obstacles.

I know there is a fee to ride our park but it is very minimum. I will try and see if volunteers has a free pass for this weekend.
I also have not set a date yet. Looking for late feb early march.

Location is Black Mountain Off Road Recreation Area. Harlan, KY

Ronnie

my home number is 6069094251

http://www.harlandaily.com/news/home_top-news/150967576/ATV-park-eyes-major-expansion

Also we have exciting news to add. We are gonna be adding 1200 acres to the park sometime during 2015.

Re:

It's about a 6 hour ride for me but if it just so happens this lands on one of my 3 day weekends I may haul my Geo down to help if I can find a cabin to stay in. Make it a mini vacation.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
It's about a 6 hour ride for me but if it just so happens this lands on one of my 3 day weekends I may haul my Geo down to help if I can find a cabin to stay in. Make it a mini vacation.

Do you know when your 3 day weekend are?

Also one trail that I will focus on is upper rock garden. We as a park are gonna try and train and keep drained the water. Then I will focus on adding more rock.

Grass hopper is another trail that will be worked extending this trail.

Better watch that Shoope guy he's kinda funny.

Keep us posted and I'll try to get Matt up there to see you. I know he has missed you!

Toddy said:
Better watch that Shoope guy he's kinda funny.

Keep us posted and I'll try to get Matt up there to see you. I know he has missed you!

Long time man.

Hows it been? pm me a cell

I'm not sure I'd know what to do if the upper rock garden wasn't full of water. I'd probably think I was in the wrong place.

Did I miss a date, or TBD?

Yes count on me for sure and i will bring in some of the crew from the Hazard CH just figure out a date and we will be there can't wait. Always buy a year pass also so no biggie and super great news on the added area everyone should be excited about rhat

I can remember when Upper rock garden was dry.

Yes the date is tba.. I have to get date approved with board.

Any other trails needing worked on.

here is a list Ive heard:

1: Upper rock Garden
2: Grass hopper
3: Exit of Crawford's Cry
4: exit of your turn

I probably won't have a buggy to bring if it's anytime soon but I'm down so long as it's not at the end of the month. Any chance on getting some discount cabin rentals?? Can bring my Sidekick so I can get around on the main trails no problem.

shoope3 said:
I can remember when Upper rock garden was dry.

Yes the date is tba.. I have to get date approved with board.

Any other trails needing worked on.

here is a list Ive heard:

1: Upper rock Garden
2: Grass hopper
3: Exit of Crawford's Cry
4: exit of your turn

First time I went Upper Rock Garden was dry. Second time I went I was like- What the fawk is this??? Didn't even recognize it. Knew I was in the right place when I saw can opener.
And the top of your turn needs some serious help. I've seen bouncers winch out of it. :eek:

I'm not real sure how your turn could even be fixed. Maybe cut down the exit hill some? I agree it's about impossible to get out of it anymore.

IMO your turn could be a easy fix just take a dozer down Crawfords Cry and fill in some withwith that material in your turn then make the exit go on out the middle of the holler. Lower Damnation the hill going down to it could be worked also Little Jagger needs a dozer topush up material at the main bottom to get rid of the.ledge and big holes that is just a few I can think of i want to see this park grow and do well

jp fan said:
IMO your turn could be a easy fix just take a dozer down Crawfords Cry and fill in some withwith that material in your turn then make the exit go on out the middle of the holler. Lower Damnation the hill going down to it could be worked also Little Jagger needs a dozer topush up material at the main bottom to get rid of the.ledge and big holes that is just a few I can think of i want to see this park grow and do well

Not sure when the last time you have seen Little Jagger, but a month after Fall Crawl that hole at the bottom has grown a lot!! It does need some rocks rearranged there, should be a quick fix with a dozer. I don't recall the hill going down on Lower Damnation being that bad, but then again going up and out seemed quite easy to me considering all the youtube vids showing people having issues!! In almost 10 years of riding Black Mountain Nov. was my first time ever on Lower!

jp fan said:

I like the idea of pushing the material from crawford's cry into your turn.
At top of crawford's i think we need to push in a bunch of rock to keep this from rutting out as well.
And I will go look 'at little jagger this weekend and take some pics. It would be nice to have a big excavator to play around from little jagger to end of rock garden.

When i get done with crawfords and your turn I will check out the entrance to lower damnation. We also need to fix upper damnation..
Anyone got an excavator with a jam hammer on it?

Shoope3. Myself and two others are at harlan until Saturday. Let me know if you need a hand with anything while we are here.

Blue yj -42's
Black s-10 cab truck -42's
Black/grey rzr 800