• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I ride Choccolocco Mountain a fair amount. Their signs are really lacking. I talked with Trey about it Saturday. He realizes they are lacking and would like to continue with the white wooden signs with black writing that has been used recently. However, it is a huge task and he has so much else going on, especially with the building of the lake at the Bottom of Boat Ramp. I ran it by him about a sign building / installing party. He was not opposed.

Just wanted to see if this was a project Hardline would like to take on.

My idea would be to have Trey have the materials ready. 1x4's or 1x6's as required. White paint, black paint, roller, pan, brushes, screws, etc. We would also need saw horses or something to get the work area off the ground. I could go up a day early and paint all the boards white. Then everyone show up and those with good handwriting can black letter the signs. Those that can't can go hang the signs, using a couple step ladders to get them high enough that the will stay a while.

I think it would be a cool project for the forum, any interest?

Re: CHOC - Any Support For A Sign Making Party?

HELL YES!!!!! I hung out with Trey New Year's Eve, as we contemplated shooting fireworks near your RV, :smoke: we also talked about the signs, I told him I would be down to help do anything to get some signs going. Im there most of the time when I wheel. Morris and Choco are bout the same distance but I really love Choco's set up, trey , and night riding!! I'm down to do whatever whenever, I'll do anything to not go down violator or showtime in the dark. :****: Keep us posted, which I know Ya will, and thanks. Been wantin to do this for some time now. I can Prob round up some Wood and materials also. My buddy is a builder and they throw ALOT away. :dblthumb:

We also need to hang Em high. He was telling us that he has a lot of people take the signs. ESP boat ramp. Don't make me put a ladder rack on my rig. Ha
I have tall A frame, and ext ladders if needed.

John, I have a sheet of 5/8" finish grade plywood at my house that would work perfect and heavy enough to withstand time, that I can donate to the cause. I too, want this park to remain trail friendly for everyone. Let me know if this would help. thumb.gif

rednecklights said:
Cmoultrie has a sign shop .... Think vinyl would hold up better than paint ?

Jon Piper

Perhaps, but if Trey wants hand painted white/black signs, that that is what we should do. As far as holding up, just hang 'em high!!!

As in elevation, not :smoke:

IM IN FOR A WORK RIDE COOKOUT DAY

I just did a pretty detailed look at the map and intersections. I came up with 252 signs. Including 13 trails that are unnamed on the map. Wow, huge task.

If 10 signs out of 16' board, then 25 1x4's. I am thinking about doing this April 10th to 12th. Can't do it when too cold, or it will take them forever to dry. This is two weeks after the Grayrock SRRS Race. And two weeks before the HPO Mash Yur Motor Bash. The only conflict on calendar is "AOP - ACS - The Ultimate". I could go up on Wednesday April 8th and paint the white on Wednesday and Thursday.

Honestly, I've never been to Choccolocco to ride. But, I'd definitely be down to help out with this. Sounds like a good cause and a great excuse for me to finally go to this park.

JohnG said:
I just did a pretty detailed look at the map and intersections. I came up with 252 signs. Including 13 trails that are unnamed on the map. Wow, huge task.

If 10 signs out of 16' board, then 25 1x4's. I am thinking about doing this April 10th to 12th. Can't do it when too cold, or it will take them forever to dry. This is two weeks after the Grayrock SRRS Race. And two weeks before the HPO Mash Yur Motor Bash. The only conflict on calendar is "AOP - ACS - The Ultimate". I could go up on Wednesday April 8th and paint the white on Wednesday and Thursday.

Sounds like a great plan on a good weekend John :dblthumb:

I,ll try and make it to help out as well!

WHIZARD said:
Honestly, I've never been to Choccolocco to ride. But, I'd definitely be down to help out with this. Sounds like a good cause and a great excuse for me to finally go to this park.

X2

I live 2 miles from there. I'm in. Just let us know when

JohnG said:

Ha, just curious did you happen to look at the map provided by the park? There are quite a few trails I would imagine not even on there. So I'm sure that number will be higher. I really look forward to this. I'm pretty sure no one gets as lost and turned around as I do. Hello I think signs at the top of the trail are more important than the bottom. Haha. I remember my buddy TJwas in front of me, when I saw his headlights go straight down, I remember hollering to him "that's backside" as I jammed it in reverse and hauled ass backwards. Needless to say TJ didnt. Wow Wata unexpected ride that must have been. Ha.

kushKrawlin said:
Ha, just curious did you happen to look at the map provided by the park? There are quite a few trails I would imagine not even on there. So I'm sure that number will be higher. I really look forward to this. I'm pretty sure no one gets as lost and turned around as I do. Hello I think signs at the top of the trail are more important than the bottom. Haha. I remember my buddy TJwas in front of me, when I saw his headlights go straight down, I remember hollering to him "that's backside" as I jammed it in reverse and hauled ass backwards. Needless to say TJ didnt. Wow Wata unexpected ride that must have been. Ha.

I have figured signs at the top and bottom of each trail, As well as the major intersections. The one I am always concerned about is coming off Violator or Showtime during an easy night cruise.

May have not seen it but do you have a date picked out?

I think this is a great idea this would benefit trey and Natalie and everyone who rides there would definitely b productive in a short amount of time and get to hang out and have fun count my family in and if we need to bring some materials [paint wood screws ladders r anything else] that wont b a problem

Latest posts