• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

tallnate

So I made the trek back out to KOH this year. One morning I decided to stop by RWR to see how Timmie and Cole's race buggy was doing and catch up with Jimmy. Anyway, the Maxxis truck was right across from them so I chatted with them for a bit as well. The sales rep told me they will be coming out with an new 42" Trep for a 17" wheel. He said the tire design will be identical to their 40" with the only difference being a 42" diameter and slightly wider tread pattern. They still have some final design details to work out and testing to do but it would most likely be a 42/14.50/17. I'd really like a little more ground clearance on my rig.. maybe this will be my next tire!!

Oh boy, thats going to be an expensive tire. :****:

Gotta pay to play...and I would love a set, but im betting close to $1grrrrrr per tire.

This after they said there isnt an axle made that would hold up to them if they made them.....LOL
I guess that was before 2" RCVs ;D

My TSL 38's are 34 inches.....there should be some kinda regulation on this. Or at least a multiplier factor for each company.....like .9 x what we say = what you actually get

sledneck said:
Hopefully there true to size, my 40's are more like 37's.

Mine were exactly 40". They've probably seen the 43 SX stickies rolling off the shelves and wanted in. I would wonder if they could compete price wise since the 40s already cost the same as 43s.

kmcminn said:
Heck no one can afford their 40s much less their 42s.

The rep told me the 42 would be a little more expensive than their 40, he didn't say how much more. I definitely think it's an attempt to compete with the 43. He even mentioned.. this tire will actually be round.

kmcminn said:
When you say round I'm guessing you are talking about tread contact area.

No I think he was making a stab at super swamper. Maxxix Comp tires are DOT approved and are built perfectly round where as Swampers are not exactly round. I could care less if my off road tire is round but then again I don't run races at 90mph through the desert.

tallnate said:
No I think he was making a stab at super swamper. Maxxix Comp tires are DOT approved and are built perfectly round where as Swampers are not exactly round. I could care less if my off road tire is round but then again I don't run races at 90mph through the desert.

Just up backdoor :driving: