• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

I have been watching the 42" trep threads to see how people like them. I want more ground clearance then what my 39 reds can provide my 4 seat trail crawler buggy.
The treps look sexy, but it seems the 43sx's are more resilient to sidewall cuts.
How do people compare the two? Is there a big advantage from one to the other?
Hmmmm what tire to order..... Help me decide
Thanks

Mine have held up well for a few weepow races. I haven't got a whole lot of trail riding time on them, ,I'm hoping to work on that this weekend.

How are everyone else's holding up?

Bumping this back up for some feedback on tire pressures. This thread has them from 8-10 and some at 12-15. Im headed out on a shakedown run tomorrow so these will get their first test. Thinking about starting at 10 and going down to 8 over the course of the day run.

Thoughts?

I was riding around one night at AOP and looked down and mine had jumped off the rim.. burped air I guess because since I put it back on and aired it up it hasn't leaked down any.

I was running them very low though (under 5psi on each corner). I may dismount them and run a layer of duct tape around the bead when I have time. I put (2) layers on when I ran the 40in treps and never had an issue.

I was following Andrew (redneckengineered) around so who knows what happened. Do that at your own risk!

smbroady82 said:
I was riding around one night at AOP and looked down and mine had jumped off the rim.. burped air I guess because since I put it back on and aired it up it hasn't leaked down any.

I was running them very low though (under 5psi on each corner). I may dismount them and run a layer of duct tape around the bead when I have time. I put (2) layers on when I ran the 40in treps and never had an issue.

I was following Andrew (redneckengineered) around so who knows what happened. Do that at your own risk!

:rolf: true story right there

hasher said:
I have been watching the 42" trep threads to see how people like them. I want more ground clearance then what my 39 reds can provide my 4 seat trail crawler buggy.
The treps look sexy, but it seems the 43sx's are more resilient to sidewall cuts.
How do people compare the two? Is there a big advantage from one to the other?
Hmmmm what tire to order..... Help me decide
Thanks

Goforth cut a sidewall at KOH on his, but tire balls saved the run. He said I drive too aggressive for Treps so I'll stick with SXs.

I'll be honest, if I had a high horsepower rig and was a racer, I would probably run the SXs, they just seem tougher.

With that being said, I still love my treps. If all you do is trail ride, I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

I've rode with plenty of V8 rigs with SXs and was able to keep up and even make some obstacles they couldn't. Just my 2c on the tires.

ranger11 said:
Links? I need some spares.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

me too - even though ive never cut one and never thought anything negatively of them...would love to have one or two as a spare just in case