John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
March 27-28 Race #1 @ Dirty Turtle Offroad Park, Bedford, KY

April 24-25 Race #2 @ Ghost Riders Event Field Cumberland, KY

May 29-30 Race #3 @ Adventure Offroad Park, South Pittsburg, TN

June 19-20 Race #4 @ The Flats Offroad Park, Marion, NC

July 24-25 Race #5 @ Dirty Turtle Offroad Park, Bedford, KY

Oct. 2-3 Race #6 @ Adventure Offroad Park, South Pittsburg, TN

I am getting fired up about the AOP race, several of us from GA are planning on racing in C and utv classes

Neal3000 said:
I am getting fired up about the AOP race, several of us from GA are planning on racing in C and utv classes

You might have to settle for 2nd in the UTV race........Tom is probably going to run in the UTV race..... :****:

Jcampbell54 said:
Is anybody else running the toyota class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Biddle from FL should be coming
Ed Maniotes from Haysville, NC

I will likely have a guest driver in my fiances yota as well..

Short course is looking good. They are even talking about possible doing a rally car type deal with junker cars. Not sure how that will turn out but could be a lot of fun to watch.

Trying something new at this race," King of the Clunkers".
This will start like a rally x event. Cars will race against the clock 1 at a time, 1 lap and 4 seperate runs(depending on # of entries). This is for CARS only, FWD class, RWD class, and AWD class. After timed runs, we will have heat races, 4 cars, 4 laps. The Rally guys are not expected to be in on the wheel to wheel action, but are welcome! There is no $ limit for the cars, but.... racers will vote on who they think spent the most on their clunker. The tallied votes will determine who's car gets driven for a hot lap by ALL the other entrants. Or.... It gets crushed by the 4WDs, monster truck style. Oh yeah... All races will break the starting line in reverse:)

Fire suit (minimum jacket) and helmet required
Air bags must be removed
Seat belts
No loose items or floor mats
Sturdy battery hold down
Entry fee is $40 with a 50% payback and 1st place trophies for each class
Drivers meeting at 9:30 AM and racing starts at 10

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 107
Question:

Thinking about coming out tomorrow and bringing my 6 year old son.

So my question: kiddo is 6 so the attention span is, well, that of a 6 year old. What do y'all think would be the best race of the day to aim for with the best action?

Re:

Short course in the morning. Then take him into town to kill the time while they are preparing for the main race. Then come back and watch that.

Short course race.

Before or after the short course race get him into the pits to talk to the racers and see the race cars up close. Most drivers love the attention and don't mind answering questions.

I can't speak for Travis and Heather who run the race but I bet if you ask for a few stickers they'd give the young-in some! :dblthumb: