• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bye

Re: Shityota and Red Toyota Buggy mating

So are you putting the buggy back together with the same drivetrain that was in it before? I read a bit, skimmed a bit. I think I'm confused as to what you are accomplishing

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Axles and suspension redo, but yes sir that is mostly correct. Bending brakeline, wiring, setting up steering, etc. I'm not building by any means, just assembling with some tweaks.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Ok cool,

Most of the rigs I've bought needed to be completely tore down and gone though anyway, just to inspect for damage and fix little things and such.

TBItoy said:
So are you putting the buggy back together with the same drivetrain that was in it before? I read a bit, skimmed a bit. I think I'm confused as to what you are accomplishing
No nick, everyone is confused. Including the builder! Haha

lowbudgetjunk said:
Not an update.....just looking for advice. I have two sets of driveshafts for this buggy and neither one bolts up. The original builder used a 14bolt to Toyota flange adapter to make this buggy go. It seems to be the best method, just wanting opinions. With the mini truck cases, v6 manual tranny and a HP60/14 combo, where's the weak link gonna be? Spud shafts are chromoly, I believe, but I guess the transfer case is still the weak link. If I go Toyota ujoint, that should be the weak link. The other option is 1350 joint to Toyota flange. Makes me think back to the transfer cases being the weak link again.

Recap. Transfer case has Toyota flanges. 60 and 14 have 1350's. I have 2 driveshafts (both with different splines of course) that don't match up. What's the best method to make this work and where is the weak link headed?

I left mine all Toyota with the exception of the rear 60, it was already 1350 so I left it. My hope is that they will go before one of the cases but I guess only time will tell. Once I upgrade cases (next year ;D) I will probably do all 1350.

Toyota drive shafts and joints are tough and cheap. Don't see many broken. I think shafts in case will be weak link. Not that they will break like tooth picks but will go before 60 14b and Toyota drive shafts.

Latest posts