• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bye

Re: Shityota and Red Toyota Buggy mating

Toddy said:
Toyota drive shafts and joints are tough and cheap. Don't see many broken. I think shafts in case will be weak link. Not that they will break like tooth picks but will go before 60 14b and Toyota drive shafts.

they are tough for sure, we have seen Mo break 2 at once, and then another front one a few weeks later (he's rough on stuff though) #rockbouncer :rolf:

Re: Red Buggy

lowbudgetjunk said:
I know I am overthinking this, but here it goes.

I have my orbital mounted in the dash. It has a hole for a 12 spline stub shaft. Where can I find this stub shaft? I want to go ahead and get the quick disconnect steering set up and I can't buy a steering wheel without having that stub.

You need an orbital steering column. It'll bolt to the orbital and put your steering wheel on the other end.

They sell them in different lengths or you can do a short one and run a shaft through a heim mounted to the right location. So many ways to do it.

Jduck, you get your blockoff?

pholmann said:
They sell them in different lengths or you can do a short one and run a shaft through a heim mounted to the right location. So many ways to do it.

Jduck, you get your blockoff?

Not yet, haven't had a chance to get up with Marc.

Re:

Cheapest I've found.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/store/steering-products/steering-accessories-misc/steering-columns/psc-750-round-stub-x-4-75-overall-length-column.html

Weld you quick disconnect spline/hex and rock out

I was trying to do what you as doing. After fighting with it for a while, I moved my orbital on the engine side of firewall. Then put the short steering column on it with a steering joint attached. Then ran a piece of 3/4 inside a piece of 1.5 tube up to the wheel. Sounds complicated but came out much cleaner and had a lot of adjustment on exactly where to put wheel. It also got the orbital lower,(shorter hoses). Also got the orbital out of my lap and on the other side of firewall in case of a leak.

Got some pics if you are interested