• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aetna Mountain Adventures -Perlaky property access

Any updates? Never been to Aetna and was thinking of hitting this place or AOP in a couple weeks. Would love to see some new ground but don't want to burn a day just trying to figure out where the good spots are. How's the camping at Aetna/Racoon?

tkinze said:
Any updates? Never been to Aetna and was thinking of hitting this place or AOP in a couple weeks. Would love to see some new ground but don't want to burn a day just trying to figure out where the good spots are. How's the camping at Aetna/Racoon?
they are close enough to each other to hit both in a weekend if you're coming from out of town.

I know this thread is a little old, but I just found it and wanted to update you guys. I've been helping the park manager with several things related to the issues that some of you guys pointed out. We've hung around 100 signs marking the property boundries and trail intersections. We're also working on a better map, based on GPS tracks of the trails and plans have been made to cut a good amount of new trails this fall. We value all feedback from our vistors and members, and are addressing concerns as quickly as we can.

The park's Facebook page is the best place to keep up to date with what's going on at AMA, but if you aren't a facebooker just shoot me a PM and I'll get you any info that you need.

Will

Is it marked better now? That's one of the reasons I stay off Aetna is don't want to end up in trouble or something because I crossed lines on to twra land or the hunting lease.

will_reed said:
I know this thread is a little old, but I just found it and wanted to update you guys. I've been helping the park manager with several things related to the issues that some of you guys pointed out. We've hung around 100 signs marking the property boundries and trail intersections. We're also working on a better map, based on GPS tracks of the trails and plans have been made to cut a good amount of new trails this fall. We value all feedback from our vistors and members, and are addressing concerns as quickly as we can.

The park's Facebook page is the best place to keep up to date with what's going on at AMA, but if you aren't a facebooker just shoot me a PM and I'll get you any info that you need.

Will

jeeptj99 said:
Is it marked better now? That's one of the reasons I stay off Aetna is don't want to end up in trouble or something because I crossed lines on to twra land or the hunting lease.

Better since this first post? or since the beginning?

Yes the property is well marked now and some of the main trails are named. They have all the trails marked at the property lines so you know when your leaving the property or coming onto it. They're still making trails and marking them when they have time and there's still a lot of area to ride with old trails.

You can learn your way around up there, it's pretty much one end of the mountain. If you haven't been up there much though it would probably be better to go to one of the open rides and let some of the members show you around.

Aetna is a great place to ride, jeep and 4 wheeler friendly , lots of easy trails. A few harder ones too. Just good to have options in our area.

Cool I was thinking about making an easy ride day out of it since all I have is ifs and 31s now. Haven't been to aetney in probably 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk