• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Wheelin For A New Beginning Fundraiser - July 18, 2015

To start off let me give you my story.

In 2008 I was involved in an accident that left me with a broken c5 and in a wheel chair. Thousands of emotions mostly I was ok. But the biggest problem was not being able to do my hobbies. In the spring of 2011 I was introduced to a machine that I never could've imagine would change my out look on life like it did. It was the 2010 RZR S my buddy had bought. At first it was just a want. I thought about buying one for a few months and finally I bought one. It was a 2011 RZR S at first I was like what am I thinking. Is it worth it. First ride all doubt were gone. There is no way to describe the way I felt. Finally a freedom from my wheelchair. When I was in my RZR I forgot I even had a disability. I rode every chance I got it was my one thing I could do to get out of my world and into another. I rode at least 3 times a week and everything just got easier. Ive gone on to get a job, get married, and buy a house.

Now knowing that. A few months ago i came up with an idea. Why not buy a couple UTVs and take other handicap people out riding and show them that there can be more to their life than just their disability. Why not let them drive one for a day and feel the same freedom that UTVs can offer that i know and love.

I can not afford to do this by myself so on July 18 if everything goes well we will be having a fundraiser ride at stoney lonesome to raise money for wheelin for a new beginnin . I will have more deatails as soon as Tyler at stoney calls me back. I will be needing some volunteers if anyone has a spare seat to give a few handicap people rides for the day. Jon aka redniecklights on here has lined up a guy to sell food for $10 a plate that day also.

Also checkout my fb page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-goes-on/275583282558118

If you have any questions pm me or email me at [email protected]

Re:

It is local and I like to help out good causes. Keep it going in the right direction and on the up and up.

Kel Lawrence

Added to calendar. Sorry I will not be able to attend as I am out of town that weekend. But, closer to the event, let us that can't attend know how to donate.

JohnG said:
Added to calendar. Sorry I will not be able to attend as I am out of town that weekend. But, closer to the event, let us that can't attend know how to donate.

If you would like to donate theres a go fund me link on the facebook page.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
It is local and I like to help out good causes. Keep it going in the right direction and on the up and up.

Kel Lawrence

I appreciate all the help i can get. As of right now ive got 4 guys that are coming that will need a ride.

If there was any way you could get good folks out there like Rkey, Eddie, & even ol' TacomaJD(even though he'd have to borrow a rig :flipoff1:) out there it'd be awesome.. There are a lot of amazing & inspirational people in the offroad community who could have laid down & given up, but refused to...

I'm going to do my very best to make this. I believe in you. Cause I too live a "Life goes on" life, although different circumstances, it's the same feeling. Support is support, and you have mine.

my wife will be there with arms open have got rv spot 4 so come by a see us come ride with me lf you want to have a great time plan to get dirty :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

I will be here...Jeep, Yota, Ford...dunno

If I have an open seat, I will definitely offer it up. I'll talk to bobby and see if he's in as well.

lifegoeson2015, you need to contact Tyler at STL. He and I were talking last weekend at the Hardline ride, and the park is no longer allowed to hold charity events. So, the event either needs to be changed to get them out in the woods by volunteers. Or, if raising money is the goal, you may need to change the location. Again contact Tyler for more information. That is the one thing about a .gov run park, there are always higher ups making decisions, some not logical.

JohnG said:
lifegoeson2015, you need to contact Tyler at STL. He and I were talking last weekend at the Hardline ride, and the park is no longer allowed to hold charity events. So, the event either needs to be changed to get them out in the woods by volunteers. Or, if raising money is the goal, you may need to change the location. Again contact Tyler for more information. That is the one thing about a .gov run park, there are always higher ups making decisions, some not logical.
Ill give him a call today and talk to him. I sent him a text monday asking what they said.

Talked to tyler yesterday and we will still be having the ride at STL. The only change is instead of the park taking up money for us we will have a donation table outside. The park will still be charging its regular rates. The event will not be on their website calendar but its still on July 18th. We will also have a food truck their sellin plates for $10 it will include tenderloin, green beans, sweet corn, bread, and sweet tea. So everyone come out, have some fun, and eat some good food!!!!

lifegoeson2015 said:
Talked to tyler yesterday and we will still be having the ride at STL. The only change is instead of the park taking up money for us we will have a donation table outside. The park will still be charging its regular rates. The event will not be on their website calendar but its still on July 18th. We will also have a food truck their sellin plates for $10 it will include tenderloin, green beans, sweet corn, bread, and sweet tea. So everyone come out, have some fun, and eat some good food!!!!

I'll buy three plates, or tip big. Or something. I hope you are receiving at least half of the $10/plate, It's not my business to know the cut, but it is my business as a donate'r that at least SOME part is going towards the charity and not solely a food truck vendor.
I understand about the park, but at the same time, wouldn't it be better to hold a charitable ride at a park that allows a cut, and can come back at the end of the day and make a donation? They usually do. That's nothing on SLORV, I understand their plight, But the private park owners are good folk and love supporting those that support them. My thoughts, I'll be trying to come either way.