• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired The Moto-Gote 2x2 Project

A solid alum ring with holes in it for the bolts would be better. Like a 1" wall pipe with those 4 holes. It will help with sprocket to hub run out also. Would be nice to machine the back of hub and machine spacer.

I ended up using 6" sections of long u bolts from a block lift kit. It has virtually no runout and pounding on it with a dead blow hammer did not create any runout. I think this will be strong enough, but time will tell.

muddinmetal said:
Bet it was higher than he was asking :****:

Yea, I let it go for 5k with about a $1000 trailer. He had to have done some engine work to get it running properly, not to mention fix a bunch of broken drivetrain parts, leaks, wiring and batteries, etc.... He also added electronic ignition and a couple aluminum propane tanks.

I sent him a text giving him a hard time and he said he was just wondering if anyone wants it more than him, and that if he keeps it he has a ford engine and drivetrain to go in.

Allright guys, I really need some input on my front end geometry. This is obviously a low speed bike where maneuverability and tight turning are important.

So this is what I have so far from researching various dirt bikes.
25" dia tire
2" total fork offset
23° rake
3" trail

Or if I reduce the rake to 18° it makes 2" of trail.

Please tell me if this is in the ballpark, or will I crash immediately. I wish I could find the rake, and offset of a Rokon.

Little bit of progress. Squaring up this frame is turning out to be a bitch.

Got the steering pivot figured out. I couldn't decide on the rake angle so I made it adjustable.

Thinking about using this old CZ tank.

al1tonyota said:
I'm sure you don't plan to jump this creature but I would throw a gusset in the inside bends on the front fork.

I am adding another tube front and rear to reinforce it, and fully gusseting. It's just tacked together good right now. And hell yea I'm gonna jump it, I'll be tailwhippin this bitch.

muttman said:
I am adding another tube front and rear to reinforce it, and fully gusseting. It's just tacked together good right now. And hell yea I'm gonna jump it, I'll be tailwhippin this bitch.
booyang :drinkers:

I got the engine mounts tacked up tonight. I considered making the engine mounts adjustable to tension the chain to the jackshaft, but with the intake, exhaust, etc.... it will be easier to move the jackshaft or add a tensioner, so I solid mounted it.

The old gas tank has a little surface rust inside, any suggestions on the best way to clean it up? I have heard of putting a handful of screws or clean rocks inside with some oil and shaking, never done it though.

Also starting to think about paint colors. At first I was set on camo or od green for the survival bike aspect, but now I am considering some color like maybe flat brown frame with burnt orange tank, fenders, etc. Thoughts? Ideas?

muttman said:
I got the engine mounts tacked up tonight. I considered making the engine mounts adjustable to tension the chain to the jackshaft, but with the intake, exhaust, etc.... it will be easier to move the jackshaft or add a tensioner, so I solid mounted it.

The old gas tank has a little surface rust inside, any suggestions on the best way to clean it up? I have heard of putting a handful of screws or clean rocks inside with some oil and shaking, never done it though.

Also starting to think about paint colors. At first I was set on camo or od green for the survival bike aspect, but now I am considering some color like maybe flat brown frame with burnt orange tank, fenders, etc. Thoughts? Ideas?

I just cleanest the tank on my 80 Ke with bb's and vinegar. Fill half up shake redo. Shake redo ,shake redo. It cost me about 10 dollars time it was done. I reused the bb's everytime but would pour vinegar out each time.